+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reunion Programme

Thank you Dallas for the definition of TPTB!

Quote Originally Posted by PB & J View Post
    and that really odd dish, "Abused Pooch".
    It's actually Amuse Bouche. It means a dish for the senses if I remember correctly. They explained it on the wedding episode when they made it.

Hope that helps.

FORT Regular
    oh gawd, I so NOT look forward to seeing Katie for either the reunion or the finale.

Amuse Bouche = literally, amuse (the) mouth. A more apt translation might be, tickle your taste buds, or tempt your taste buds.

It is a hint of the main course to come (not literally a portion of it) in such a way as to prepare the mouth for it. How it differs from an appetiser I'm not exactly sure - other than perhaps being a smaller serving than one.

Reunion show was pretty good... other than, why'd they back off the Red Dragon once they had the chance? Also I was surprised how much they all drank. But then again every person I've known who's made a career in the restaurant business, works maniacally, works long hours and unwinds with booze.

FORT Regular

A Bit Hard of Hearing

LOL! Thanks for the definition of "Amuse Bouche". Thru the first part of that episode, I kept trying to figure out what they were saying. When I kept getting different variations that sounded like "Abused Pooch", I knew for sure there was Something Wrong with my hearing! Towards the end of the episode, I did finally hear it spoken clearly enough to laugh out loud at my consonant confusion! I was making fun of myself by writing it here as I first heard it spoken. I still wasn't clear on its definition, though.

I don't think I'm the only Foo-Foo She-She food novice here (obviously I'm not in the top 13%...but I can do math) Many of these terms I've never heard before and these cooks/judges rattle them off so
    rapidly it can be very difficult to figure out what they're saying/meaning.

I still think we need a reality show glossary thread where people can go to see a definition or ask for one (is Wendy Pepper and the Pepper Monkey the same person?) Some posters come to these shows in the middle of the season or have never seen prior whole seasons of Bravo's servings of Charmeuse Chicken Salad. They feel left out/don't understand the posts/too embarrassed to ask. "So...who is this guy...Tim Gunn, anyway?"

A glossary is a great idea. Maybe one of the recappers will undertake that! Or people can begin asking questions to put into it.

I never heard of amuse bouche either (before Top Chef): I took French in school, is the only reason I knew that one

FORT Regular

Soon!

I thought that a glossary on a separate thread would be a good place to go and just look up things we just saw on one of our habit-forming reality shows. We could all contribute to it/ask questions. It's a little late for this season of Top Chef, but I hear PR3 is going to start filming on May 20th. It won't be long now! I've missed seeing that classy Mr. Gunn. After Stewee and Ken, the Santino's of the fashion world probably won't bother me at all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123