+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bravo Orders Second Season Of Top Chef

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Stiffani!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

They have to get rid of the Joelbot though, if they have a second season.
    No kidding.

You know how some people just come across as very lively, warm, enthusiastic?

Well, Katie Joel is the opposite, IMHO; when she talks, she actually saps the energy out of the room. She doesn't contribute to the momentum of the show, she darned near brings it to a halt. Or perhaps it just seems that way because of the hypnotic effect her droning, nasal monotone has on susceptible viewers like me.

Next season they should let the finalists choose amongst all the booted competitors who they'd like to help them for the grand finale. Andrea would have given Tiffani a better performance. Promoting a celebrity's wine collection should be nixed, too, unless they choose Peggy Fleming and John Madden. Yes, they are partners in a winery. Is that too much? Love it!

FORT Newbie
    Here are my thoughts about season 2:

We are stuck with Chef Tom and Gail, and can only hope Katie Lee Joel check herself into rehab and Bravo can work out a deal with Ted Allen

Let's make this more of a race. More of a competition. All the competitors next season should have served or are serving as a sous-chef in kitchen of an acclaimed Executive Chef/Restaurant.

Nobody who does not/cannot present themselves well on television should be allowed to compete. You can cry and moan all you want, but in this case being nice was a major component of Harolds' win.

Lastly sites like these, which host forums pertaining to reality shows, should not be allowed during the course of a reality tv series. Did you notice that they had computers and Internet connectivity in the house. They'll have to fix that next year.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidavdavid View Post

Lastly sites like these, which host forums pertaining to reality shows, should not be allowed during the course of a reality tv series. Did you notice that they had computers and Internet connectivity in the house. They'll have to fix that next year.
    The show was prerecorded and completely in the can through Episode 9 before a single one aired or any board discussion appeared. Even the Finale and Reunion shows were prerecorded prior to broadcast. Thus, it would have been impossible for any of the contestants to read any viewer posts while the competition was in progress.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

HUH? No FORT? Someone's been dipping into the wine vault. David, this was filmed months ago. Checking the web for these sites wouldn't have helped. They were probably checking their emails, looking for recipe ideas, or playing online games.

No FORT? NEVER!

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Repeat after me:

Reality TV is not reality; reality TV is not reality; reality TV is not reality.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    Repeat after me:

Reality TV is not reality; reality TV is not reality; reality TV is not reality.
    You are oh soooo right, Mother... and I have the ruby slippers to prove it..

I'm not quite sure if you mean reality tv contestants shouldn't have access to sites like FORT, or if sites like FORT shouldn't be allowed to host a forum on a currently airing show. On the first part, I would think computer access in general should be (and generally is) restricted; but with Top Chef, it seems one of their sponsors is the ISP That Shall Not Be Named, so they had to use the internet to get in a plug for the sponsored product. But the latter... banning sites like FORT from talking about currently running shows?? That's nutty.

ETA: Sweet little clique joining us. , refugees.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    anyone know when we can buy season 1 on dvd?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast