+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bravo Orders Second Season Of Top Chef

FORT Regular

Brilliant!

Rock'em, Sock'em, roses4me! Robin Williams! My dog had to lick my face back into consciousness! I can just imagine...naw, not even close, my imagination will never be that good!

Could you see Robin interviewing Stewee?
    (not TC..but how about being Iron Oriental Morimoto's Sous Chef?) If I could see these, I would gladly, peacefully lay down my life and donate all my organs to baby octopi and truffle-snuffing pigs!

FORT Fan
    Here here! No MORE KATIE LEE JOEL!!! She is an awful host!! Even Gail or Tom would be better as a lead host.

At this point it could even be Emeril or something and it would still be an improvement over Mrs. Joel. Aye!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    All in all, I think Stephen should apprentice with Gordon Ramsay. And the verbal abuse might help loosen him up a bit!
    I think that is a GREAT idea, dogabone!

I liked your comments about Ramsay too... I grew to 'heart' him more & more after watching Kitchen Nightmares (could not BELIEVE the way some of the 'chefs' talked to their bosses, and at times the stubborn bistro owners either! That guy from Italy who insisted on equating high menu prices - in and of itself - with quality. Ugh)

I also like Hell's Kitchen. But anyway... I'd pay real money to see Stephen working in Ramsay's kitchen. That front of house blathering stuff would not last a day. Boo-yah! LOL

FORT Regular
    I'm glad Top Chef is coming back too. I especially hope they change the host. Even if Katie got a voice coach, she's over rated, IMO. Tom Bergeron would be great! Even Ted Allen would be awesome! Those types of personalities I would love to see. If they don't make a switch on the host, well, it's been fun... I'll just avoid the show next season.

Great it's coming back.

Now who will they choose as the new host?

(Katie was a bad risk...they should have seen her lifelessness in auditions)

FORT Newbie
    All well and good that there be a second series, but here's the bigger question: After having aired the reunion programme replete with all its deleted expletives and assault on the senses, will there be a second season. As much as we, the more than casual viewers, ate the drama up, how did it play to the greater audience? Were they turned off by the shenanigans?

The hosts did not do a credible job of being hosts and maintaining order. You have to believe this was choreographed, what with contestants walking around with open bottles of wine. Is it any wonder glass and bottles were not thrown at each other.

Winners: Harold, Lee Anne, Cynthia, Brian, Andrea, Candice, Lisa

Losers: Tiffani, Stephen, Dave, Miguel, Ken

Oh, I think the booze was supplied with intent. They knew tempers and maybe even fists might fly. I'm sure it's what producers wanted.

They have to get rid of the Joelbot though, if they have a second season. And Chef Tom... needs to spend more time in their kitchen, maybe. If he still doesn't get why their not being told it was a next-day assignment before they wrote the menus, was important, he's worse off than the Joelbot. Especially since they were forced to buy supplies in a crummy all night market.

PS, did the 16 hours include sleep time?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    PS, did the 16 hours include sleep time?
    It would have, but since it was such a short time frame, they decided to pull an all-nighter. Chef Tom told them he would supply the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by davidavdavid View Post
    All well and good that there be a second series, but here's the bigger question: After having aired the reunion programme replete with all its deleted expletives and assault on the senses, will there be a second season. As much as we, the more than casual viewers, ate the drama up, how did it play to the greater audience? Were they turned off by the shenanigans?

The hosts did not do a credible job of being hosts and maintaining order. You have to believe this was choreographed, what with contestants walking around with open bottles of wine. Is it any wonder glass and bottles were not thrown at each other.

Winners: Harold, Lee Anne, Cynthia, Brian, Andrea, Candice, Lisa

Losers: Tiffani, Stephen, Dave, Miguel, Ken

I have to disagree with some of your winners/losers. I feel terrible for poor Cynthia and her families health issues, but she was all over the place in the kitchen. How would you feel if you had to work with someone who couldn't find their a-hole with a funnel? Second, Brian. He was just a total sleazebag with VERY little visible talent. Remember his glazed carrots for the kiddies?
    Dave as a loser? I just don't understand that one. Stephen is 50/50, since I don't really care for his attitude and desire to educate people who just want to eat, but he is only 24 and his food and wine knowledge is borderline savant. Plus, his plating's were top notch. Miguel may be uglier than original sin, but his sense of humor (childish at sometimes), and his talent, not to mention his repeated calling out of Tiffany, make him a winner.

FORT Newbie
    I think the HOST lady was kind of stale when she had to read her lines. They should replace her. Its weird because when she was just talking without a script, she seemed fine and normal. But when it was time to read a script or directions to a challenge or whatever, she seemed so robotic and stale. REPLACE HER! and Lee Anne should be brought back becuz I think she should have been brought into the finals over Stiffani.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast