+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Geez. Anyone want to discuss what actually happened on this episode? I can't post a new thread 'cause I'm new, but I'm so freekin' happy that Stephen is gone that I had to come share with others.

FORT Regular
    I find Stephen such a dismal doofus, that when they told him he had to pack his knives...well, I haven't screamed "Yes! Yes! Yes!" that loud since the last time I got "Lucky"!

FORT Newbie

I agree!

I know! It was like I was watching Notre Dame beat USC. It was great. I clapped, I yelled, it was like watching a "sport," which competitive cooking really is.

I know so many people in the food industry who watch this show, and we all can't stand Stephen. Lord, his ties alone made me want to see him eliminated from the get-go. But his superior attitude is the overriding factor.

He is a good cook, and he does know his wines. But he doesn't know his customers.

We had the same reaction! Clapping, fist pumping, cheering!

If they had booted Lee Anne and kept Stephen, I would have stopped watching the show. Dave was actually good in this episode--thank goodness the Scotts didn't choose his menu. Could you have imagined the emotional deluge! I'm surprised at Harold's dish being so bad.

I agree with Chef Tom's blog. They could have gone shopping and done prep and then gotten some sleep. Granted, they needed a lot of time, but I wonder how much time was wasted by them being half asleep while trying to cook--when you're tired, it takes longer to process things and make decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ctdomer View Post
    Geez. Anyone want to discuss what actually happened on this episode? I can't post a new thread 'cause I'm new, but I'm so freekin' happy that Stephen is gone that I had to come share with others.
    This is the place to discuss this weeks episode. A new thread does not need to be created. Each week a show discussion thread is created for that purpose. If you have any questions you may want to check out the rules under FAQ at the top.

Welcome to the FORT!

FORT Fanatic
    Stephen's exit comments prove what a doofus he is with a highly inflated sense of self. Anyone have that quote about making his mark and changing the entire way restaurants are run? I thought I'd vomit

LOL yeah, Stephen's parting comments were just wild. Maybe he has some kind of personality disorder. I'm glad Harold didn't bash Leeann when Stephen brought her up. He showed some class.

I don't know why Stephen didn't learn from anything the judges told him..

Well I agree with most of you about the challenge. It was completely unfair for the judges to be so harsh given the time constraints. Add to that, they had to know there would be NO specialty stores open that time of night. As for the menu part of the challenge I think Scott and Scott needs to take some responsiblity for that. While none of the contestants knew about the time limit, they did. Granted it's their wedding and they deserve to have what they want but they should've been a little more logical in their decision making process. I'm glad Stephen went home. It was his time. He never spoke up about his thoughts on the cake mix, instead choosing to simply not walk out there with them when they sent it out and he did indeed disappear for was a long period of time more than once. And he was warned about this just last week. Yes it was LeAnn's menu, and I think she did step up about her inability to keep up with each dish. And Harold. Poor guy they really beat him up about the salmon and of course didn't take into consideration that he couldn't purchase the product he wanted and almost couldn't purchase what he did! I didn't mind the cake mix either. Given the time constraints making a from scratch cake batter for a three tier cake would've been extremely difficult. Harold and LeAnn are my favorites and the right person packed up last night. Oh kudo's to Dave. He really did the team thing and was great! Oops I also forgot Tiffani. While her veggies were apparently top notch, she still can't understand the customer and just doesn't seem to have the desire to. And her rolling her eyes when LeAnn said Dave should win the challenge was just adolescent.

Im so glad Stephen is gone!!

FORT Regular
    Good grief! This was the 1st time I was sick of hearing the judges bitch about how poor things were, given the time constraints and lack of specialty stores to get better supplies.

Chef Tom saying how he can get better take out food in NY. Give me a friggin break, even restaurants have well planned menus, plenty of supplies, AND repetitive practice since they prepare the same dishes 100 times a day, every day of the friggin year. Chef Tom, PLEASE GET OVER USING THIS STATEMENT. YOU'VE USED IT TWICE ALREADY (that I know of).

And the lady judge, LMAO! I'd like to see a celebrity hire her with 24 hours notice without a carefully thoughout menu and only her local grocery to get all her ingredients. LMAO! On the 11th hour, I could see her cussing up a storm in a frantic haze, acting like my favorite gal, Cynthia.

Sorry gang, if Top Chef comes back next season with some of the same judges, I'm not going to watch. I'm so over some of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast