+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Four?

Final Four?

After reading some of the fabulous posts in the show discussion thread, I thought it might be time to start sweating out the Final Four and ranking the contestants a little.

So here we go. I'm still working in tiers because there are a few questions about who should really be number one, and of those who are left which are really the worst.

First Tier
    1-4

1. Harold
    2. Tiffani or Stephen
    3. Stephen or Brian
    4. Brian or Miguel

Second Tier
    5-10

5. Miguel or Lee Anne
    6. Lee Anne or Dave
    7. Dave or Lisa
    8. Dave or Lisa
    9. Candace
    10. Cynthia
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I think the final four may be.
    1. Lee Anne
    2. Harold
    3. Brian
    4. Miguel

1. Harold
    2. Brian
    3. Miguel
    4. Stephen

I love this show BTW.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

I'm thinking...

1. Harold
    2. Miguel
    3. Tiffani
    4. Lee Anne
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I can't pick four yet. I can pick two, and I think those will be Harold and Lee Anne. Probably Tiffani, too. Stephan can't get off of this show quick enough for me, he's so smarmy.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I'm going with:
    Harold
    LeAnne
    Stephen-I think he believes that all his fancy words and high flutin attitude will win this for him...I hope not!
    Tiffani

Emilystarr, I've had this same list in mind from almost the first show. These four have seemed to me the only ones who are in good control of the craft, who can reliably transform an inspired idea into a well-plated reality.

Harold: a disarmingly complex character, one minute withdrawn, the next minute engaged in cocky banter with Stephen. He has spoken out most in support of other people's work, which I find refreshing in a group of "contestants." His complexity makes him one of my top two.

Le Anne: she seems the most well-rounded, has a big heart, and inspires the most confidence in a solid performance. She doesn't seem like a risk-taker, which might or might not be a problem depending on how far the tasks push them. She plates food in a way that makes me want to eat it, not stare at it. Definitely one of my top two, and I liked her to win from the first show.

Stephen: although he is a T&D, he is creative and talented, at least in tasks that showcase his abilities as a star-rated chef. He has a harder time when forced to step outside the world of the ultra-sophisticate and to connect with kids, housewives, people on the street, pretty much anyone else. I don't see him standing at the end given his lack of breadth and maturity.

Tiffani: I liked her confidence at the beginning, and I still like her sense of control in the kitchen, but her attitude has become uneven from week to week. She doesn't seem to know herself well, characterizing her own demeanor in the kitchen as calm, whereas she comes off intense and tightly-wound. Perhaps she'll beat Harold for one of the final two, but I don't think she'll win over Le Anne.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Alright, here's my final final four.

LeeAnne: I honestly think she could take it. Tiffani has won alot of challenges, but just thinking from PR how Daniel and Kara Saun were both strong contenders, but neither won, it's entirely possible someone other than Tiffani could win. LeeAnne is my first choice, based mainly on her personality, though her skills are tight too.

Tiffani: Definitely in the top two, but for reasons mentioned above, I don't think she'll win.

Harold and Miguel will probably make it too, as long as Miguel doesn't trip over his own feet. There's no way Dave will make it. The poor guy just can't cut it, I think.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

It's nightmare time when I think of Tiffani and Stephen as the final two, with Tiffani winning by a whisker. (or should a say a whisk, lmao)
    As much as I like LeAnne, the "T & S showdown" will bring in more ratings.

I'm hoping that LeeAnne can win the whole thing. She's the only one left who I think it both a great chef and a nice person.

Unless something really unexpected happens, the other three will probably be Harold, Tiffani and (*boo hiss*) Stephen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast