+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Four?

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Well I suck at this. I said Miguel and Stephen would make it, and they didn't. I said Dave wouldn't, and he did. (I also voted for Reggie on the Food Network.) I give up.

I voted for Reggie too . I think it's still anyone's game here.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

FORT Newbie

Final Four

In hindsight, the final four makes sense. Harold, LeeAnne and Tiffani are the most accomplished cooks of the lot. Dave has scored tremendous points in the past few competitions and is making a name for himself, quite possibly more as a Maitre'd than as a chef.

Looking at: Harold LeeAnne and Tiffani, one sees the whole spectrum. If the Top Chef comes down to who cooks the best (without the beneft of actually tasting the food) my nod goes to Harold. For outright confidence it goes to Tiffani, and if the areas of cooking, personality and professionalism are taken as a whole, I reckon LeeAnne is right there.

Bottom line: a chef has to be able to cook, a chef has to be able to delegate, a chef has to command the respect of his/her crew, a chef has to be personable

With this criteria in mind. I stick with LeeAnne

Being that this is the same producer as "Project Runway", let's compare the final four with the PR contestants:

Dave=Nick/Andres. Next out is Dave...he has the passion for his craft like Nick did, he also has the emotional wobbliness as Andres. On the plus side, I do have to say that it's the passion Dave has for the food that impresses...

Harold=Kara. Harold's competent but is he really a competitor? Like Kara, he seems quite blase at times and doesn't strike me as someone that really cares if he wins or not. While admirable that he nominated himself for elimination--something Andrea also did remember--he hasn't really sold himself.

Tiffani=Santino. Forget Stephen...he's a joke. The real "villian" as I see it would be Tiffani because like Santino she has the talent to back up her ego. She is a real threat.

But I predict the winner will be:

LeAnne = Chloe. Quiet, workmanlike & under the radar (as she herself has stated), LeAnne just keeps plugging away at doing the job at hand without really offending anyone. And while she hasn't 'wowed' anyone as consistently as the others, her menus are often praised. Like Chloe, I think she'll win with her consistency and the quality of the way she's handled both the food and her fellow contestants.

Great analogies, Buddy69r. You've made some very astute parallels there that I hadn't noticed before, but make perfect sense.

I enjoy both shows, however, something about they way they are syncing up makes me worry that the "Project" producers are at risk of becoming formulaic. Maybe by seeking out a balance of personalities, they end up recreating some of the same dynamics.

At any rate, I think the Final Four are all worthy competitors. As much as Tiffani can irritate me, I cannot deny her skill. As for me, I'm rooting for Lee Anne all the way, although I have a feeling Harold could be a dark horse.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 05-02-2006 at 03:57 AM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

until last week I would have voted for LeAnne too but as I see it its anyones game..... I would be happy if it is anyone but Tiffani.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy69r View Post
    Being that this is the same producer as "Project Runway", let's compare the final four with the PR contestants:

Dave=Nick/Andres. Next out is Dave...he has the passion for his craft like Nick did, he also has the emotional wobbliness as Andres. On the plus side, I do have to say that it's the passion Dave has for the food that impresses...
    Correction: Dave = Wendy Pepper
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fan
    I don't know if it's fair to equate Dave to La Pepper -- Dave is actually liked by a lot of people; Wendy was just evil. And unlike Dave, I think most of us knew that Wendy was not going to win PR1. Dave is more like Santino in that respect: there's a chance he may actually take the prize.

I don't know, spiffy, I think it would be REALLY tough for Dave to win, mainly because Tom is not a big fan. And I don't think whether people like them plays a big role in it--perfessional temperament, yes. And I think Tom has decided that Dave is lacking professionalism.

I think Tom appreciates that Dave has some skills, but doesn't see him as a TC ... similar to Michael thinking that Wendy is a good tailor but not really a good designer.

I'd have to go with Dave being some combination of Wendy and Andrae (). Like Wendy, he lacks "something" that the winner needs. Like Andrae, he is all passion about his work--so much so that he can't separate himself from his work (this is not the healthiest approach to life, IMO--they both took criticism and comments too personally).

Maybe I'll be wrong and Dave will win. Stranger things have happened ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123