+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gail Simmons - Judge

I was surprised at Gail's "popularity contest" comment, too, Brandy. It seemed a bit harsh. Of course, after hours of listening to that drunken mob, I'd have probably lost my patience, too!

Also, it's not like personality wasn't part of the judging process--they were looking for someone who had leadership qualities (if I heard Gail say something about "chef" being "chief" in French one more time ...) and could work with people. OK, they weren't looking for new best friends, but ....

Gail looked like she was going to lose it a few times. I don't think she was prepared for having the show be an all-day thing. I think it was Tom who said that he didn't know how they would even be able to salvage an hour of what was filmed! It really must have been crazy.

FORT Regular
    All the judges strike me as if they'd stand up in a chair and scream if they ever saw a tiny spider in the kitchen! No teeth, no bite.

Gail looked like she was going to lose it a few times. I don't think she was prepared for having the show be an all-day thing. I think it was Tom who said that he didn't know how they would even be able to salvage an hour of what was filmed! It really must have been crazy.
    Wow! Sounds like they could release a DVD with some really 'special' outtakes!

If things got even crazier than we saw... Bravo, just tell me where to order!
    Last edited by Brandy; 05-17-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Crease View Post
    Machiavelli has taught her well. Having successfully taken over the reins of the show next year, her signing of Anthony Bourdain and Rachael Ray are two strokes of genius.

Reckon, Tom did not see it coming. Understandably he has a career to fall back on
    So glad to hear this!! As a huge fan of Tony Bourdain and his brashness ( not to mention his constant negative comments about Rachael Ray ), this should add some serious spice to one of my favorite shows. Glad to see Gail will be the host, too. I have a huge crush! Won't miss the wooden Katie Lee at all, as she added nothing to the show except nauseating levels of fluff. What is the projected start date?

Quote Originally Posted by Homecookin' View Post
    So glad to hear this!! As a huge fan of Tony Bourdain and his brashness ( not to mention his constant negative comments about Rachael Ray ), this should add some serious spice to one of my favorite shows. Glad to see Gail will be the host, too. I have a huge crush! Won't miss the wooden Katie Lee at all, as she added nothing to the show except nauseating levels of fluff. What is the projected start date?
    I don't think any of that info has been confirmed. In all honesty I don't think we are going to see Anthony Bordain or Rachel Ray on the show next year.

The second season is casting right now according to the website. I assume it will come back this fall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123