+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Katie Lee Joel - Host

Katie Lee Joel - Host

Katie Lee Joel brings her passion for cuisine as host of Bravo's "Top Chef," a new reality competition series for the culinary arts. Raised in her grandmother's Southern kitchen, Katie's enthusiasm for excellent cuisine started at an early age. From a family who planned their day around dinner's menu, it is no surprise that Katie's path led her to a career in the food industry.

In July 2005, Katie co-created the website www.oliveandpeach.com with partner Aleishall Girard. The site focuses on food and aims to provoke readers to think more deeply about the origins of the food they eat. It seeks to heighten awareness about the importance of "conscious consumption."

Katie's culinary and lifestyle column, "East End Girl," is published weekly in Hamptons Magazine and will soon be a part of its sister publication, Gotham. She has also appeared on Extra, Life and Style, CBS Early Show, upcoming episodes of Food Network's Iron Chef America, Fine Living's Pairings and she has been featured in publications like People, In Style and Hamptons Style.

Katie has worked in several restaurants and gourmet food and wine stores. In 2003, she helped to open Jeff and Eddy's Restaurant, one of the hottest dining spots in the Hamptons. There she served as the house fishmonger.

Katie received her bachelor's degree in English and Journalism at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She also studied in Florence, Italy at the British Institute. In 2004, she returned to her classroom in Italy to teach American students about dining in Tuscany.

Outside of her culinary adventures, Katie enjoys spending time in her organic garden, traveling, exercising, and playing with her two pugs. She resides in the New York area with her husband, musician Billy Joel.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    She's with Billy Drunk Driving Joel?? Wow!
    She's cute.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Really, she is very cute. She must be way, way younger than him.

IIRC, xmaskat, she's only around 24-25. Not too much older than his daughter.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

She didn't give off much of an "I know something about food" vibe. I'd rather have a host that shows some expertise than a cute mouthpiece who looks out of place at the judges' table. Hopefully her familiarity with the topic will become more apparent.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

For some reason, I'm really shocked to learn that she's married to Billy Joel!

I just wanted to stop by and make a comment about two things. The cadence of her voice really, really bothered me. It was as if she would hesitate in really strange places when speaking. And it. Really bothered. Me.

I'm also forced to wonder if she chose the "Pack up your knives" line, because it made me snicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    IIRC, xmaskat, she's only around 24-25. Not too much older than his daughter.

And yet still young enough to be his daughter, yuck.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    I just wanted to stop by and make a comment about two things. The cadence of her voice really, really bothered me. It was as if she would hesitate in really strange places when speaking. And it. Really bothered. Me.
    I also thought her manner of speaking was weird. She sounded robotic...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Hello everybody. Haven't posted in a while but thought I'd drop in to see if there was a discussion for the show.

I gotta say this host is awful, she's all kinds bad. Her personality is about as sparkling as whatshername from Joe Millionaire. But surprisingly enough I'm enjoying the show, especially since it's filmed in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by moody View Post
    Hello everybody. Haven't posted in a while but thought I'd drop in to see if there was a discussion for the show.

I gotta say this host is awful, she's all kinds bad. Her personality is about as sparkling as whatshername from Joe Millionaire. But surprisingly enough I'm enjoying the show, especially since it's filmed in SF.
    I had the same flashback--I couldn't remember the name of the host of JM, or even the face, but I remember she was completely out of place and superfluous.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast