+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harold - Season 1

Maybe they will finally let him cook some meat!

Mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeat! Harold like'um Meeeeeeeeeaaat!

hee, hee

no pun intended

I meant sirloin of course!

FORT Fogey
    All season long, I've really liked Harold, and I think the guy has a lot of talent. But I nearly lost it with him last night, when after hearing what the quickfire challenge was, he declared "that's just not how I cook". Is there a single challenge he hasn't said that about this season? Dude, you knew the terms of the competition when you signed up. Just cook the food and shut up!

FORT Fanatic
    Harold SHOULD have this thing won hands down. He's excelled throughout the season and that fact should be considered when choosing the winner as opposed to one final cook-off. The judges/producers could easily "pre-choose" the winner by choosing a challenge that plays to Tiff's strengths and Harold's weaknesses...or vice versa. That's why I feel the judges should take a look at their cumulative work over the many weeks.

Additionally, more than cooking skills MUST be addressed in awarding a title of Top Chef. A restaurant kitchen is an atmosphere of total bedlam on most occasions. The chef running the kitchen must have a cool head and command the respect of the team. Harold obviously has this quality and Tiff just has an air of arrogance or superiority.

I do have a concern in the clips for next week where it appeared that Harold was speaking back to the judges. It's a bit worrisome. My thought (and hope) is that tidbit was shown specifically in the previews for next week to get viewers to start worrying about Harold's chances.

yay for deep fried appetizers..... ha.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    All season long, I've really liked Harold, and I think the guy has a lot of talent. But I nearly lost it with him last night, when after hearing what the quickfire challenge was, he declared "that's just not how I cook". Is there a single challenge he hasn't said that about this season? Dude, you knew the terms of the competition when you signed up. Just cook the food and shut up!
    I know! I said some nasty things to my tv when I heard Harold say "that's just not how I cook" for the umpteenth time! I had to apologize to Philip Magnavox this morning.

Other than that, I did find Harold warmer and funnier than I have all season, which surprised me! I liked how he told Dave "Good Nite, Honey" and the way he cracked up laughing during judging. I think it was when Dave was talking about working out. Harold has gotten some odd editing this season. First, we didn't know his FOH shaking was so bad, then we didn't know he had such a good sense of humor. I think the first time we actually saw him laugh full out was in the Napa Valley challenge when Dave went into the walk-in to cool down. Strange editing and personality manipulation reflects poorly on the way Bravo regards its viewing audience. We are not stupid.

I hoped Dave would have had a better chance to be in the final two (robbed), but I think I'll cheer for Harold to win next week. I'd like to see him open a restaurant so we finally get to see how he really DOES cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo View Post
    Strange editing and personality manipulation reflects poorly on the way Bravo regards its viewing audience. We are not stupid.
    I think Miss Tiffani has been strangely edited also. I think the producers left a lot of Tiff's behavior out of the show to make her possible win more palatable to the viewers.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    ... he declared "that's just not how I cook". Is there a single challenge he hasn't said that about this season? Dude, you knew the terms of the competition when you signed up. Just cook the food and shut up!
    Veruka, you beat me to it this morning.. I raced into the Fort, passed up posting on my TAR faves, BJ & Tyler & the "congratulatory posts" so I could come in here and say the exact same thing about Harold!!!

Ok.. yes, at this point, I really do want Harold to win over Tiffany. BUT, his arrogance is getting to be way too much IMO. From the way he talks about himself to the way he reacts to the challenges. I really wish he'd drop that holier-than-thou attitude because it really turns me off.
    Cooking is cooking, whether you're stacking Ritz w/chop sticks or balancing delicate caviar on top of a foie gras pate.. it's all food and the 'end result' is what YOU can do with it.
    I'm thinking that the reason he's saying that every time is because he's "blanketing" his excuse.. like, he MAY have really screwed up, so at least he can fall back on his patent line..."It's not what I do".

Not really liking on Harold that much. Too pompous. But, there are times where I do like him..and I think it's those times where he's just idly standing around and staying out of the fray.

Eh, I do hope he wins though. We all know why too.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread