+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave - Season 1

I have never had truffles. But from the descriptions - earthy, dense flavor - I doubt I'd like them either, katiecoolady. I dislike other earthy flavors, like mushrooms (of any type) and coffee. I'm imagining truffles taste like "if coffee was a fungus".

FORT Regular
    DAVE, DAVE, DAVE!!! Woot... you have my vote! I love every aspect of you. Good luck!

I've liked Dave throughout the season, but I found him to be annoying last night.

I think Dave was trying to speak up for all of them in one night and for every moment that Tiffani beat up on someone verbally all season behind the scenes. I think he didn't realise we didn't see a lot of those instances and some will only see his bashing of Tiffani and think poor Tiff.

And then others know better...

I agree that Dave may have gone overboard on the show but let's also realize that he had a lot of pent up frustration going on there. Also, Tiffani (who I also admire as a chef) DID interrupt him constantly. And let's not forget how the OTHER chefs with the exception of Andrea ragged on Tiff (including all around "nice Mom" Lisa & mellow Cynthia). From what I can glean from the previews, it looks like the Quickfire/elimination comes down to Dave & Tiff (there's the shot of only the two of them sitting at the table).

FORT Regular

School Daze

Was I the only one who didn't know that Krazy Ken was Dave's cooking instructor at culinary school? Yikes!

Also, I mentioned before that it seemed like the chefs weren't happy about the way the season went. At the LUSH website, there's a discussion that gives credence to the fact that Andrea, Dave, and many others got some really bad editing for the show. Andrea had sat at judging table and told them she did wanted out. All we saw them berate her for cold latkas when the menu called for it to be a cold appetizer in the first place. They did send her home...no wonder she was smilng so much!

Quote Originally Posted by PB & J View Post
    Was I the only one who didn't know that Krazy Ken was Dave's cooking instructor at culinary school? Yikes!
    You're KIDDING me. Wow. That would've been very interesting if they'd mentioned that in the show!

I still feel like "maybe Ken is not such a bad guy". If he had a position as a teacher, he must have some discipline and ability with people deep down. Or had, at one point. I just get the feeling he's a loooong way from home, and maybe is feeling that. I could be projecting - I'm 2000 miles away from family and feel that distance sometimes!

Ken could be going through a rough patch for all we all know... Say someone back in Ireland's ill and due to work, he can't go. Having to travel far from home to try & be a success is a mixed blessing.

Maybe he leans on the booze a bit heavy in times of stress/crisis? Dave's so sensitive, I can't see him lasting through school if Ken's like that all the time.

FORT Regular

Surprise

I know, I couldn't believe it either when I read that Ken was Dave's cooking instructor! Go figure!

I love Dave. I cannot believe he pulled it through and made it to the Final Three, but he actually did! He's like "The Little Chef That Could," and I am so proud of him.

As for his behavior at the reunion, I didn't find it out of character, nor out of line. I would have also been frustrated with Tiffani's numerous attempts at jocking the limelight--from the constant interrupting to the unfunny nabbing of the "Bitch" t-shirt. As far as I'm concerned, Dave acted completely within reason.

Next week, I hope Tiffani is out, and Dave goes head-to-head with Harold.

Congrats, Dave!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular

Boone's Hill Nut Farm

I don't mind Dave so much. I'd eat his dinners. Sure, he's gets way emotional. I'd be a basket case living/competing with that bunch; especially in a house filled with junk food/sugar; lots of alcohol; partying nearly nightly until 3 A.M.; with that much stress competing in some pretty stupid, irritating challenges; and inconsistent judging. Frankly, I'm surprised that someone didn't go into insulin shock or get poisoned. All the chefs channelled their anxiety in their own unique way. Since I no longer have a favorite to win, I won't be upset at all if Dave takes it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast