+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave - Season 1

I get concerned if I accidentaly put too much sugar in the Kool Aid, I'd be a wreck on Top Chef.

I really like Dave. At first I thought he seemed a little diva like but I really like his honesty and the funny little things he says, like "Harold and Stephen can go make out somewhere", "I don't need this $h**, My dish looks like $h**, I just like his openess. I don't think he will end up winning but I like him.
    Last edited by Emilystarr; 04-07-2006 at 08:36 PM.

FORT Regular
    Me too Emily. I love to watch him for all he's worth. He is great TV. The "I'm not your bitch, bitch" was classic!

I genuinely like Dave. He just seems like such a dear person; his sensitivity is part of what appeals to me personally, but may cause troubles for him professionally.

I didn't initially envision him in the final four, but if he can turn things around like he did with the last challenge, and really ride his strengths, who knows? In any case, I'll be wishing him luck.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaFan View Post
    Me too Emily. I love to watch him for all he's worth. He is great TV. The "I'm not your bitch, bitch" was classic!
    I see it differently. First of all, I don't care what a woman said to you, you don't talk to a woman like that. I think he's one of these guys who can't take a woman telling him what to do. I think it's harder for women. I have the utmost respect for them because I was raised right. Dave needs an attitude adjustment. You just don't talk to someone like that. I can't wait until he goes. If he talked to any of my female friends like that, his butt would have gotten dropped. You don't talk to people like that. For a man in his 40s, you'd think he would have learned that by now. Grow up, dude.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    I see it differently. First of all, I don't care what a woman said to you, you don't talk to a woman like that. I think he's one of these guys who can't take a woman telling him what to do. I think it's harder for women. I have the utmost respect for them because I was raised right. Dave needs an attitude adjustment. You just don't talk to someone like that.
    But it would be alright for her to say whatever she wants to him? In a work environment male or female doesn't make a difference. No one gets a free pass to say whatever they want. She (verbally) pushes you and you have every right to push back.

Wow! Congratulations, Dave!

I am delighted to see him recover well enough to actually make it to the final four! I didn't expect him to make it, but it is a nice surprise.

Personally, I don't find that anything he said to Tiffani was unwarranted, and I don't feel that Tiffani's some little lady who needs protecting from big bad Dave. If anything, she instigated the situation and he was only defending himself.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Have confidence Dave - and 'sell' yourself. Don't just think the food will say everything. It's a competition and besides, top chefs are no strangers to publicity and interviews, etc. Show them you can manage all that.

So don't just assume they will know your experience or why you should win. TELL them.

FORT Newbie
    Dave's androgyny really needs to be played up more in the episodes. For some, he can come off as being far too masculine, and is overcompensating on air, trying to show his sensitive side. It looks all too forced.

he should take some lessons from ti-FANNY about to portray oneself as a man

FORT Newbie
    I have to stand up for Dave, especially since as my namesake, and as the owner of david.com, it is my duty.

He gets a raw deal, because he may not be as polished in the cooking department, but he makes up for it in his deportment. Truly a pleasant person he brings much needed sensitivity to the table.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast