+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrea - Season 1

Andrea - Season 1

Andrea Beaman is a natural nutritionist and holistic counselor with a "crunchy granola" healthy cooking style. She attended the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where she currently teaches, and it's her mission to encourage a healthier world through her nutritious meal solutions. At 28, Andrea was diagnosed with thyroid disease and this was her motivation to embark on a healthier lifestyle through natural and sustainable food choices. She healed herself after two years of eating healthy and exercising, and now has a passion to teach others in similar situations. Successfully healing her illness through natural food choices and therapies was the catalyst that changed her life and profession. Today, she is a Natural Nutritionist and Holistic Health Counselor accredited with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. She is also the author of her self-published book, The Whole Truth, and her follow-up cookbook, The Whole Truth Eating and Recipe Guide, is due in February 2006. One of her main goals is to encourage people to stop eating standard American junk food and live better by choosing natural, pure, and healthy foods. Andrea is dedicated to educating people about health-promoting cuisine, and her inspired passion comes through in her food.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Good for her! To actually heal herself with better eating and diet.. wow! That's awesome! If I wasn't so stubborn, our house would be 100% nutritional..right now, it's ohhh..I dunno.. 85%.

I'll probably really like her, I just hope she doesn't get all preachy to everyone. Some people can't accept that others don't "share" in the better eating lifestyle..even if it IS 200% better.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I was really rooting for her, I hope she gets it together for next week.

"everything is either under cooked or over cooked"

With as much as she deals in salads, I really CAN'T excuse the fact that she had dirt and rocks in her kale. :nono Nor the fact that she over and under cooked everything. That's just odd...she eats this stuff all the time.

She REALLY got lucky, because, IMO..it should have been her packing up her knives.

FORT Fogey
    It might be interesting if she has some original healthy recipes to offer. I'm on the fence about her after only one show.

FORT Regular
    Now that she is back and had time to consider why she was booted out early in the game, I hope she can bring ALOT more to the table that are still health conscious. Unfortunately, this is not the 'Top Health Oriented Chef' show.

Good luck girlfriend.

Well Andrea..here's your 2nd chance.

She sure did get her groove on with her "target" audience, as she stated they were.
    The only thing that didn't look good to me, was the double mashed yam (?) stuff. It looked too.....convalescent-y to me. Eh, the mothers liked it, and I guess that's all that matters.

I just don't see Andrea making it in the rest of the competition. Isn't she a vegan too? I can't remember if she's "against" meat... but if she is, I can't see her doing all the challenges successfully.

eta: She used turkey sausage the last episode. Hmmm..wonder if red meat is what she's against.

She's probably against hormones, anti-biotics, and preservatives. That's probably why she used turkey sausages, because they are nitrite-free; plus sometimes people won't eat pork because it can inflame the system (also it's the closest meat to human flesh, so that freaks people out too, including myself.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast