+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1/21 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

1/21 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

ALERT: Top Chef has moved to 9PM ET to make way for the new cooking competition show "Recipe for Deception" at 10.

"Back in the Day" - The chefs return to LA to celebrate the series' 10th anniversary. A restrictive challenge limits them to 10 ingredients, then they walk down memory lane by creating a dish that represents who they were 10 years ago. Appearing: Michael Voltaggio, Antonia Lofaso, Mei Lin Hua, and Nancy Silverton.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/21 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

It's strange watching Antonia as a judge on this show -- I keep looking around for Alton Brown nearby.

Jeremy wins the 10 Ingredients Quickfire.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Marjorie nabs another win. Kwame, Philip and Jason are the bottom 3.

(Please be Philip, please be Philip, please be Philip...) But Jason seems to be having kind of a meltdown as well...
    FlyAKite and Jezebella like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Jason's lack of joy gets him the boot. Perhaps Angelina will survive another week in LCK...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

I, too, was praying for Philip to pack his knives and go. Boo.

What is it about having immunity that backfires on the fortunate chef? I think Jeremy's nod to being able too drink the night before did him in.

Whoa that Jason gave up his restaurants before coming on the show because he felt directionless. How is a stressful competition going to help with that? Probably best that he leave, but why now when Philip ("Let me kiss your palate") was also in the bottom. You can see Tom really doesn't like him. Next week, maybe?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Can't believe that Phillip wasn't cut...I guess they sensed that Jason wasn't into it and his poor showing in the last several challenges didn't help him...but still, Phillip is not even mediocre and the judges just don't like his stuff even when he brags about how "yummy" his food is...ugh. Jeremy and Kwame got a wake up call...they were given a second chance based on their previous wins. I'm sorry but I get grossed out by the big bushy beards and goatees that some of the male chefs are sporting this season...ewww.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksave1052 View Post
    (clipped) ...I'm sorry but I get grossed out by the big bushy beards and goatees that some of the male chefs are sporting this season...ewww.
    I especially don't care for them on men who are preparing food for me.

One thing I like about this season -- except for Philip, everyone who is left is good, and has a shot to win. It's not like a Voltaggio or Blais season where the edit almost gives away the winner all season. Any one of them could win at this point.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Rock on Marjorie and her green self.
    MFWalkoff likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've eaten at Spinasse, where Jason used to cook, and was totally underwhelmed.

I was worried for Kwame; his dish seemed to get the most negative feedback. His past performances probably saved him.

The most annoying thing about Phillip is his refusal to take any responsibility when his food doesn't go over well. If the judges don't like the food it's because of "their palates" and has nothing to do with the fact that what he made wasn't good. Openly admitting to the judges that he is now trying to make "what they want" instead of "his own food" was a bad idea. His days are numbered at this point.
    Kicksave1052 likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast