+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2/1 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

2/1 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

PROGRAM ALERT: Tonight's episode starts an hour earlier than usual, at 9PM ET. Double check your DVRs!

Bronco Brouhaha - Cooking for Michelin-starred chef David Kinch adds pressure to an already stressful Sudden Death Quickfire based on edible flowers. Then, the chefs are challenged to put an elevated slant on pre-game food as they host the ultimate tailgate party at Sports Authority.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/1 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

I know that having a baby is a really big deal. Not being there when the baby is born would be very emotional. But I am SO sick and tired of hearing about Bruce’s new son every single episode! He’s not the first father ever away from a birth ... ask the men in the military. Give it a rest Bruce!
    KeepItReal likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

2/1 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

They have been focusing on the baby so much that I keep thinking Bruce might be on his way out!

I really like Fatima. I hope she can make it back in LCK. I laughed out loud when Bruce asked her “which one” and she answered in reference to the Taylor Swift concert she went to rather than which football stadium she was at!

I appreciate that Carrie seems really grounded and genuine even when she is doing really well. I love when the other chefs give her side eye for doing something like “fancy toast”, and she wins!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AcookerTV likes this.

FORT Fogey

Each season it seems like a lot of the chefs get stuck in a midway point where they think to much and it hurts what they make. Some seasons it shows itself in chefs making the same thing over and over (like whatshername and her scallops) and sometimes it shows itself i trying to show off techniques they've learned and not great food. It's refreshing to see when a chef keeps away from that trap and keeps making great food. I think that Carrie is doing that right now which is why she's shining.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I appreciate that Carrie seems really grounded and genuine even when she is doing really well. I love when the other chefs give her side eye for doing something like “fancy toast”, and she wins!!
    Not just "side eye" . . . pure condescension.

(BTW . . . I love the "Pineapple!" under your screen name. Hubby and I are now also using that as a "listen to me" phrase, and it works so much better than "ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?" . . . even for people who have been married 53 years.)
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

Fatima’s vocal fry is extremely annoying.

Seeing JoeF go out in the Quickfire made me sad -- he was doing so well the past couple of challenges. I was kind of hoping the mustache would go instead -- he's obviously a great chef but his personality gets under my craw.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I was disappointed that they used a quickfire such as this one for an elimination quickfire, just because cooking with flowers is not a common skill. I'm okay with elimination quickfires, but like it better when they do them on a skill that most chefs should have. Using a prep speed challenge, or a "make a breakfast sandwich" challenge as a quickfire is one thing. Telling chefs to cook with flowers knowing some may have never ever researched such a thing seemed questionable ... especially looking at the skill of the three who ended up in the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I was disappointed that they used a quickfire such as this one for an elimination quickfire, just because cooking with flowers is not a common skill. I'm okay with elimination quickfires, but like it better when they do them on a skill that most chefs should have. Using a prep speed challenge, or a "make a breakfast sandwich" challenge as a quickfire is one thing. Telling chefs to cook with flowers knowing some may have never ever researched such a thing seemed questionable ... especially looking at the skill of the three who ended up in the bottom.
    They probably thought this would trip up a chef like Carrie but it backfired.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

Glad that Chris (and Carrie) won and that he got the Superbowl tickets. And his Eagles are playing. So fortuitous!
    And Carrie continues her rise. Who would have thought it after week 1? So great.
    But...as a Canadian, their dish was not a poutine. I am surprised there was not more call-out on them (just Tom’s asking them why no cheese curds at the cooking segment) for that because usually the judges complain about chef’s misnaming things.
    I think there is a difference between cooking for 300 people on-site and cooking at a restaurant. The mass-event cooking is not necessarily a reflection of a chef’s skill.

I was hoping Mustache Joe would go. Alas, Fatima.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-02-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    Silver18 likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast