+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1/18 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

1/18 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

Olympic Dreams - On the eve of the Quickfire, one of the chefs has a very special delivery; Padma and Season 14 Winner Brooke Williamson surprise the chefs at their house with breakfast ingredients and task them to create a delicious breakfast dish featuring Nutella. Then, Olympians inspire the chefs to focus on precision, speed and creativity in the first-ever Top Chef Olympics.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

Re: 1/18 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

Hmm, Restaurant Wars is next week, and I'm wondering who Claudette will throw under the bus next if her group is in the bottom! That's all I have to say about this week's episode. I especially enjoyed one of the chefs saying to Adrienne "Hey, didn't she do that to you last time?" and Adrienne nodding.

If I were in the city where Tanya's restaurant were, I would definitely visit.....I do not like that they did deductions for temperature guessing.

Because Claudette is very competitive, I prefer to see what else she will rock.

So so many good cooks here

My favorites are Chris and Carrie.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

So many great chefs would not be cut out for Top Chef or other reality shows, because they will only bend their dignity, and/or change the way they cook, so far in the name of competition. Especially chefs who didn't make their way through the usual fancy culinary schools. I think Tanya hit her wall with the Olympics. Each chef finds out what their limit is before they decide they'd rather go back to their own career and cook without someone counting down loudly behind them.

She probably won't be in the right mindset to go up against ultra-competitive Brother in Last Chance Kitchen, but you never know.
    Kao and Arielflies like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I did feel Tanya got a bit of a raw deal, but then again Claudette really annoys me so I could be a tad biased!
    betty80 likes this.

FORT Newbie

I may catch heat for this, but I think Tanya had a big chip on her shoulder. She wasn't a team player at all and always complained about the other chefs. She wasn't there to be a team player, it's a competition, but everybody else got along. I think she carried a lot of animosity.
    betty80 likes this.

I also think she has team challenge problems. She comes across a very feisty and someone who wants to cook what she wants to cook. period.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

I was getting quite tired of her constant harping about the "female chefs of colour" issue week in and out. Also, I thought she was incredibly rude in some of her comments to the other contestants (other than Claudette) in this last episode, including the guys who were celebrating their win (hey, they're labelled "bears" for a reason, typically loud and boisterous alpha males) and to Carrie as well. Then at the final judging panel before Padma announced the eliminated contestant, the way she was staring daggers at Claudette and I was thinking like wow, now I know where the phrase "if looks could kill" came about.
    Arielflies likes this.

FORT Newbie

That's exactly what I mean! She was rude to Carrie and constantly talked about female chefs of color. I have friends of all colors and they don't talk like that. They are given every opportunity that anyone else is given and they are right where they want to be. She has such a chip on her shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by SCVGal View Post
    That's exactly what I mean! She was rude to Carrie and constantly talked about female chefs of color. I have friends of all colors and they don't talk like that. They are given every opportunity that anyone else is given and they are right where they want to be. She has such a chip on her shoulder.
    She does/did come off as bitter. I didn't like how Claudette threw her under the bus, but Tanya's attitude this episode made be happy to see her go.
    “Bless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.”
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast