+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CCL

Thread: 12/14 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

12/14 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

Smile and Say Mise - In one of the show's signature Quickfires, the chefs battle against each other in a fierce Mise En Place relay. The chefs are tasked with creating a progressive meal incorporating a mystery ingredient from chef Alex Seidel's farm into each dish.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

Re: 12/14 Top Chef Colorado - Show Discussion

Tu should have went home for that raw meat.

I was surprised too -- I thought Rogelio would go for that raggedy grilled lamb.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

Me too, and I was sad cause I like him. But, then, the other chef had the whole “I’m being blamed for another chef’s vision” arc (never mind that she didn’t smoke the fish enough), which is always good for an ouster.
    It was nice that the chef who was on the bottom (twice) last week won this week. I thought Laura would win for her cracker.
    Kao and Lizard like this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

I really thought either Rogelio or Tu was home because, on Top Chef, raw meat in a cooked meat dish almost always sends the cook home for food safety reasons.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Congratulations to the winner. I did not think she had skills because of the first episode. Hope to see some good things from her.

Everyone has to have good meat cooking skills. Before they come I hope they practice a lot....
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Tu should have been sent home...under cooked meat that is also an eyesore has gotten several chefs ousted from the show...I remember one challenge where they took the chefs to a farm where they had livestock that was free range, organically fed and humanely treated from birth to butcher and one the of Top Chef contestants made a mess of the meat they were tasked with preparing...the guest judge that ran the farm was appalled at how badly mangled the meat was and the rest of the judges sent the contestant chef home. That being said, Claudette might have had a legitimate beef with the decision...but it is was it is.

+ Reply to Thread