Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By ClosetRTWatcher
  • 1 Post By MFWalkoff
  • 2 Post By Kicksave1052
  • 2 Post By awesomekina23
  • 1 Post By AcookerTV

Thread: 2/23 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

2/23 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Trial By Fire - The Yucatan Peninsula is the setting for a challenge to cook a dish showcasing the local habanero. Later, the chefs learn about traditional Maya cooking, then they create a dish using only ancient Maya ingredients and tools. Appearances by Jeremiah Tower, Roberto Munoz Zurita, Roberto Solis and Guillermo Beristain.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 2/23 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I'm really sad Sheldon left. I don't mind Brooke, but I would have preferred a Sheldon/Shirley finale.

I kind of feel the same way (after the initial feeling that this should have been an all-newbie cast, but that's another issue). I would have loved to see Sheldon in the finale, but Brooke has been getting "the edit" all season so I'm not shocked at the final 2. I like all three of them so it's not terrible, but I would have preferred Shirley/Sheldon as well.
    sparklete likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

I would have preferred Sheldon and Brooke in the finale.
    I wish they had given them time to look over the ingredients more before cooking. Other times they go shopping and then at least they have the time from the store to think. Here it was all "here are you ingredients, rush, rush, rush".
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Jeremiah Tower lives in the Yucatan? I'm with Brooke in dropping my jaw at that revelation.

I, too, was hoping Sheldon would get in, but he couldn't properly cook his bread and butter - fish.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Sorry to see Sheldon go but he shouldn't be dismayed. He'll get endorsements and will do well. I'm all in for Shirley now. She puts great thought into her dishes and knows how to execute them without getting too wrapped up in the time constraints or other distractions. Brooke has talent but there is a certain smugness and snark there that I find unappealing.
    beerbelly and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

This is the first time in a while where I've liked all of the chefs in the top 3. I don't even care who wins between Shirley and Brooke. They're both strong chefs. Brooke has been in the bottom more but she's also won more, 8 challenge & QF wins to Shirley's 3. This should be a strong finish!
    Arielflies and MReid like this.

Me too omg the final 3 this season was literally my 3 favorites ill be happy no matter who wins this has been a great season I got a little teary eyed when Sheldon was eliminated i wish all 3 of them could have cooked in the finale

FORT Fogey

I agree it was a great final 3. Had Sheldon made the final two, I would have gone into watching the finale knowing I'd be both thrilled and sad by the winner/loser regardless of how it turned out. Having it as Brooke and Shirley, I'll be pulling for Shirley, but won't be angry if Brooke wins.
    sparklete likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

+ Reply to Thread