+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AcookerTV

Thread: 2/9 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

2/9 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Adiós Charleston, Hello James Beard - Impromptu dishes are prepared as the chefs instruct mystery partners how to create the exact same dish. Later, the chefs must serve up cuisine that best represents their "Top Chef" journey thus far. Appearing: Michael Solomonov, and Mary Sue Milliken.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 2/9 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Aw, it's only the Quickfire and I'm already misty. They brought in spouses/family members of the chefs to secretly assist them in the challenge, and the big reveal at the end was nice.

Sheldon was the only one who instantly figured out it was his wife on the other side of his partition; everyone else was stumped until the reveal. Also, Sheldon & his wife's copycat dishes won them $10,000.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I was rather surprised that the others didn't recognize the voices.
    tinderbox likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

So all the finalists are veterans of past Top Chef contests? None of the newbies made it to the final round? I really think this is unfair and I don't like this format at all. Past contestants should go back to competing on Top Chef Masters or whatever the show was where former contestants competed. The newbies should be competing amongst themselves. This sucks...it really does.

Could be that the show lacked quality contestants this season and brought in vets to compensate and turned it into a them vs. us for drama.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Could be that the show lacked quality contestants this season and brought in vets to compensate and turned it into a them vs. us for drama.
    Could be but I still feel that part of the fun of this show is seeing new people compete and ultimately go on to win...I didn't invest my time into this show to watch former losers of Top Chef compete again...some of them preparing dishes that they already did on their first go round of Top Chef! On another note...I really would like to see a change up of the judges and hosts. Tom's snarky "tude" and Padma's cleavage baring outfits are getting annoying. Replace Gail Simmons with a fresh face along with aforementioned Tom and Padma and it could really give the show the face lift it needs.

+ Reply to Thread