+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 1/12 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

1/12 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Booty - Ingredients and the element of the chefs' zodiac sign must correspond. Later, the food fighters divide into teams to throw a pirate-themed bash, during which they must race through Charleston in a treasure hunt to collect their ingredients. Appearing: Michael Cimarusti and Graham Elliot.

Best episode title ever. Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/12 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

WAITAMINNIT! What the hell? It's only 9:30, and Jim is told to pack his knives and go!

Damn. Sudden-death Quickfire. That was rough, I'm upset.
    FlyAKite likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Gaaaaaah! I've only made it through the sudden death quickfire and Jim is gone??? Should I even bother to continue!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a strange episode -- Jamie had a Nick situation before him (has immunity on the losing team), but he did the opposite of what Nick did and offered to give back his immunity... and got eliminated. Tom even told him that if he hadn't offered, Emily would have gone (which frankly I would have preferred).

Come to think of it, Casey had immunity in a team challenge in her season too -- and Joey went home for her losing dish.

There are two episodes of Last Chance Kitchen tonight -- Jim vs. the current champ, then Jamie takes on the winner of that competition.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Jim was easily one of the most likeable contestants out of all of them. Disappointing that he's gone. So for first-time contestants, there's only Emily and Sylva left in the actual competition, while 6 returnees are left. Typical for a "fans vs favourites"- type season, which is why I've never been a huge fan of them.
    ClosetRTWatcher and tinderbox like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

They, they have steadily gone overboard with more and more returning chefs in the past several seasons. It's time to stop it and just have more All-Stars seasons on the side. It's unfair to the new chefs who haven't had a shot yet.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

How annoying. Emily has been on the bottom how many times now?? If it was down to Jaime and Emily, we have one chef who earned immunity last week and another who has been on the bottom over and over. Emily should definitely have gone instead of Jaime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GolfGrrl and tinderbox like this.

Casey saying she doesn't see the same qualities in herself as Emily made me roll my eyes. I guess it's easier for a third party than the first.
    Revenge is ice cream.

So sad Jim went home; and then Jamie. Two very pleasant personalities and good cooks and we are left with grating super egos from at least two of the remaining returning chefs. This episode really depressed me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was appalled that Emily is still in the mix...her food has consistently been panned by the judges but somehow she slips past...how is this possible??? Jim was sent home for a minor issue but Emily's over salted mess is OK? Jamie should never have given up his immunity...noble as it was for him to so, he did EARN the immunity and should have stayed to compete in another round. Emily should have been eliminated several weeks ago. She seems a little unstable emotionally on top of serving up bad food!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast