+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MFWalkoff

Thread: 12/22 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

12/22 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

The Feast of Seven Trash Fishes - The chefs must create dishes using an odd mix of ingredients and tools found inside gift boxes. Later, they prepare a traditional Italian-American seafood-filled dinner, but they're forced to use a notoriously undesirable fish species. Appearing: editor Nilou Motamed and foodie Mike Lata.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 12/22 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

What is it with Casey and immunity? When she wins it, she totally crumbles in the elimination challenge. She was basically the reason that Howie and Joey were in the bottom in her season, and Joey went home because she couldn't.

At least this time she was working alone and couldn't torpedo someone else this time.

Emily always seems to find some reason to freak out and not perform. She may be the hometown girl but I'm ready for her to go. I wish she had gone instead of BJ.

This was an infuriating episode in general -- Katsuji and John bicker and basically try to sabotage each other, and end up throwing things together at the last minute and the judges love it as if it were on purpose. I really want Katsuji gone before anyone, so of course he's named the winner. And he can't stop laughing about it. He's such a weasel. And John's "redemption" story is going to need more work for sure.
    dzigner, FlyAKite and KeepItReal like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Katsuji may be the best saucier Top Chef has ever seen. I don't think I've ever heard a judge say anything bad about the sauces he makes.

I think Casey in general just doesn't do well when the chips are down and it's for the marbles. Yes, she made it to the final of her first season, but, if I recall correctly, she didn't win a single dish in the head-to-head, and had I think the judges' least favorite of the meal.
    Revenge is ice cream.

...and let's not forget Casey working with Carla in the finale. While Carla was in charge of her choices, Casey is the one who could really be seen as the "black hammer" of Top Chef, not Antonia. Nothing goes right for anyone when Casey is safe and someone else has anything to lose.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread