+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 12/1 Top Chef 14 Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 12/1 Top Chef 14 Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

It was curious that they needed to go into the barn to deliberate. I don't recall them doing that before where we didn't get to hear what they discussed. I am not sure John's dish really showcased the oyster which is why I thought he should have gone home. He really made truffle soup.

The only returning chef that I don't remember at all is Amanda.

I don't like this change where they can bring along some ingredients. Have they ever done this before? Do the newbies also have this benefit? It seems like even if it is allowed for all of them, it could really weight the advantage to the returning chefs because they are so much more familiar with this process.

Am I crazy, or does Brooke look a lot like Antonia? I thought she was Antonia until they said her name!
    HaikenEdge likes this.

I know it was a huge deal on season 2 of Top Chef Canada, which allowed the guy from Newfoundland to get an advantage for several weeks just prior to being sent home, and that was several years ago, which makes me think it's been a thing for at least a while and was just never emphasized, plus I think I remember several different competitors bringing ingredients from home during the finales for their seasons, so it has existed in some for or another for a while.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fanatic

I remember Sam because I rooted for him during his season. Didn't Casey make it to the finals on hers?

Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Didn't Casey make it to the finals on hers?
    She made it to the finale of Season 3, but got eliminated in week 5 of season 8.
    Declan likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

12/1 Top Chef 14 Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Katsuji was on Watch What Happens Live last night and mentioned this was his third time as well. I didn't remember that. And Amanda doesn't look the least bit familiar to me either.

I don't see how this season could be Katsuji's third season; his first season was season 12, where he was eliminated during week 9; for him to have been on three times, he'd have to have returned last season, which he didn't. Maybe he meant he tried out in previous seasons and didn't make it?
    Revenge is ice cream.

That was a great first episode! A lot of tasty looking dishes. I don't remember all of the returning vets since I started watching in season 10, but Brooke Shirley and Sheldon I recognized, I do remember Katsiji as well. I have family in Charleston I love it down there. I love that Jim guy hes def my favorite newbie so far I was surprised but so happy he won the first quickfire since he didnt have a lot on the plate but apparently it was delicious , he seemed surprised himself . I can see John hasn't changed a bit though he seems to be trying. Honestly as soon as Gerald started talking I knew he would be the first to leave a nice guy but he was just all over the place. Looking at the previews I can tell this is gonna be a great season
    dzigner and MFWalkoff like this.

FORT Fogey

12/1 Top Chef 14 Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I don't see how this season could be Katsuji's third season; his first season was season 12, where he was eliminated during week 9; for him to have been on three times, he'd have to have returned last season, which he didn't. Maybe he meant he tried out in previous seasons and didn't make it?
    Weird. I went back to watch to make sure that's what he said, and yep, he even said hopefully third time is a charm.

ETA: I looked at his Twitter, and his profile lists Top Chef Mexico.

I also googled Amanda and I do remember her slightly now. The bangs this season make her look really different.
    Last edited by JORY'sMom; 12-03-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Weird. I went back to watch to make sure that's what he said, and yep, he even said hopefully third time is a charm.

ETA: I looked at his Twitter, and his profile lists Top Chef Mexico.
    Fair enough. I thought he meant the US series.
    JORY'sMom likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast