• 6 Post By ClosetRTWatcher
  • 3 Post By HaikenEdge
  • 3 Post By AcookerTV
  • 3 Post By Kicksave1052

Thread: 1/19 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

1/19 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Here we go...it's time for...

Restaurant Wars!!

The iconic Restaurant Wars challenge features the chefs dividing into teams to design a restaurant and create a cohesive menu, but the heat is on when egos collide and tempers flare. Appearing: chef Daniel Humm and restaurateur Will Guidara.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/19 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Judges are still deliberating, but whatever happens I'm glad that the judges got to see the real Katsuji and John at judges table, in all their nasty, lying, malevolent glory. If Casey or Sheldon go, I'm quitting the season.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

If I was John and Katsuji did that slow clap at me, I would have gotten up and flattened him. Probably going home anyway so why not.

I honestly hate Katsuji.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Hallelujiah, Katsuji is gone!

He made himself look like such an ass this week -- I couldn't see any chef surviving that much bad/weasley behavior.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

So happy the pot-stirrer is gone. He obviously tried to do too much by making 3 dishes and then complained and complained when John was supposedly not helping him. John was probably equally responsible for the loss with his inability to expedite effectively and in an organized manner. Luckily the arguing in front of the judges showed what Katsuji was trying to do and he was eliminated instead. The extended slow-clapping he did was unbelievably obnoxious. He clearly enjoys pushing peoples' buttons and trying to get a rise out of them.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

As much as I dislike Katsuiji, I do think John was just as bad this week with his pasteurized crab and terrible expediting.

I also cannot believe Silva and Emily are the only newbies left. Silva has proven himself, but Emily has lasted far longer than more talented chefs IMO.

That story about Silva's restaurant was heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good riddance on Katsuji. Don't let the door hit you.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Katsuji has to be one of the most obnoxious, arrogant jerks they ever had on this show...always stirring the pot and going out of his way to bully people. Very selfish too...only thinking of himself and his potential to win. One of the worst team chefs there. John wasn't much better this week. He claims to have changed but I get the sense that he's still a work in progress. He was terrible as executive chef...no organizational skills and his dish was truly amateur hour. I could see my daughter making that in 7th grade. The judges got this right.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was eye opening when the comment was made about Katsuji wanting things set up on their team as it was for gamesmanship. Made me realize that's really the motivation behind all of his actions - especially the trash talking. He badgered people, like he did at the opening of the show, when they are feeling down to keep them that way. He tried to eliminate people not by cooking great, but by making sure there was always someone off their game who would do worse than he did. it's a competition - he thought he had a better way to win it. Problem is, his strategy pretty much admits he knows he's not the best chef in the room!
    Arielflies, FlyAKite and MFWalkoff like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I thought it was eye opening when the comment was made about Katsuji wanting things set up on their team as it was for gamesmanship. Made me realize that's really the motivation behind all of his actions - especially the trash talking. He badgered people, like he did at the opening of the show, when they are feeling down to keep them that way. He tried to eliminate people not by cooking great, but by making sure there was always someone off their game who would do worse than he did. it's a competition - he thought he had a better way to win it. Problem is, his strategy pretty much admits he knows he's not the best chef in the room!
    Top Chef made a ethical decision to keep the show as a contest of cooking skills not gamesmanship. Katsuji was taking a page from Survivor. Bravo to Top Chef for having some integrity and sending a message to others that they are there to be judged on their cooking...not how much they can bully people into submission.

+ Reply to Thread