+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MFWalkoff
  • 1 Post By AcookerTV
  • 1 Post By ClosetRTWatcher

Thread: 1/5 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

1/5 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

A Southern Legend - U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy enlists the chefs to create vegetarian versions of traditional comfort foods. Then, the chefs must prepare dishes that pay tribute to Edna Lewis, the matriarch of Southern cuisine. Also appearing: Alexander Smalls, Art Smith, Nathalie Dupree and Mashama Bailey. Also, Hugh is back!

Enjoy the show!
    dzigner likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/5 Top Chef 14 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Oh, snap! Sheldon already has his back problems, and he slips and falls during the Quickfire. He's still plugging away, though.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sylva pulls out a win, although I was kind of rooting for Jim. I'm just glad a new chef won. Sheldon worked through his fall to make top 3.

Bye bye Amanda, which was inevitable. She had an interesting story, but her performance was just as scattered as it was in S7.

Emily doesn't seem up to the pace and stress of the show, so I wonder how much longer she will last. There was no way Brooke was going home, she's been getting the "possible winner" edit so far.

The edit on the previews makes it look like John goes back to being a jerk next week, but who knows what it will end up being...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

After all these seasons, don't chefs come on to the show knowing that if you're in the bottom and stand at judge's table saying "I stand by my dish" it's the kiss of death? They've already told you they didn't like it. If you entertain the idea that it could have been better, you might show enough promise to stick around!
    MsFaninNJ likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I was hoping Jim would win also, but he and Sylva were both really into the spirit of the challenge so I was good either way.

I feel bad for Emily. I think she is likely a much better chef than we are seeing, and she so wanted to do well since they are in her state. She may just be one of those people who doesn't thrive within the format of the show.

I love Sylva. I had no idea who Edna Lewis was but I added the Author's book to my cart. I want to know more about cast iron cooking.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I love Sylva. I had no idea who Edna Lewis was but I added the Author's book to my cart. I want to know more about cast iron cooking.
    My parents swear by cooking in cast iron. BUT they also insist that older cast iron is much better quality. They have scavenged many antique stores building their collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    beerbelly likes this.

This show went on and on about Edna Lewis and I had never heard of her. It's amazing how fussy we had been with food and now we are back to cooking just like it should be, simple and let the food shine.

+ Reply to Thread