+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By hot_chocolate
  • 1 Post By Arielflies

Thread: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

  1. #1
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,908

    3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    "Back Where It All Started" - San Francisco is the setting when the competing foodies cook for chef Traci Des Jardins. Later, they try to wow master chef Hubert Keller, the judges and San Francisco culinary elite with cuisine inspired by the restaurant Fleur de Lys.

    I wonder if Ken will be there, sticking his finger in the sauces...

    Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey hot_chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,031

    Re: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Ugh, Jeremy is still there. Huge ego, and how many times did he say "dude" this episode? He was saying it at the end of pretty much every statement he made! So annoying.

    It was fairly obvious that Carl was going to be the one eliminated. The problems with Isaac and Marjorie's dishes were minor compared to Carl doing a dish that usually needs way more time to prepare.
    sparklete and Kicksave1052 like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

  3. #3
    FORT Fanatic Kicksave1052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    452

    Re: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Ugh, Jeremy is still there. Huge ego, and how many times did he say "dude" this episode? He was saying it at the end of pretty much every statement he made! So annoying.

    It was fairly obvious that Carl was going to be the one eliminated. The problems with Isaac and Marjorie's dishes were minor compared to Carl doing a dish that usually needs way more time to prepare.
    It's so hard for me to take Jeremy seriously even though he seemed to nail the dish he chose to prepare...all the "dude' and "bro" stuff is immature and cheapens Top Chef. In the taco challenge he did, he referred to having servers that he envisioned as "hot chicks"...really? Keepin' it classy Jeremy....I agree, ugh on Jeremy still being there. Marjorie told both Issac and Jeremy to shut up last night...she comes across as spoiled brat to me and very unpleasant. Everytime any chef prepares lamb on this show they mistime it and under cook it...she should have known better. The foodie types and chef/owners that attended the dinner last night looked like a very obnoxious group of people...several of them are annoying as heck, including Michael Chiarello and that guy with huge glasses on. Tom Colicchio's critiques of the dishes seems to be only based on being "well seasoned" or "not enough seasoning"...he's so smarmy that I have a hard time watching him anymore.

  4. #4
    FORT Fanatic dantrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    635

    Re: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kicksave1052 View Post
    It's so hard for me to take Jeremy seriously even though he seemed to nail the dish he chose to prepare...all the "dude' and "bro" stuff is immature and cheapens Top Chef. In the taco challenge he did, he referred to having servers that he envisioned as "hot chicks"...really? Keepin' it classy Jeremy....I agree, ugh on Jeremy still being there. Marjorie told both Issac and Jeremy to shut up last night...she comes across as spoiled brat to me and very unpleasant. Everytime any chef prepares lamb on this show they mistime it and under cook it...she should have known better. The foodie types and chef/owners that attended the dinner last night looked like a very obnoxious group of people...several of them are annoying as heck, including Michael Chiarello and that guy with huge glasses on. Tom Colicchio's critiques of the dishes seems to be only based on being "well seasoned" or "not enough seasoning"...he's so smarmy that I have a hard time watching him anymore.
    Michael Chiarello seems like such a snob-bag. He was the one demanding Dale to say his name, lol.

  5. #5
    Cool Beans Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    25,233

    Re: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    To be fair, Jeremy (next morning) was slapping his forehead, saying how dumb his restaurant idea was..."Did I say chicks?"

    I'm so happy Marjorie is still in the hunt. On the bread challenge, invoking San Francisco flavors was really in her favor. Amar was worried about soggy bread, and it looks like that is what happened.

    I ate at Ernie's another landmark fine dining SF restaurant in the 60's. Still remember the experience. Sad that another has closed it doors, terrific that the show was able to use it as a challenge wrapping back to the first Top Chef.

    Uh, Jeremy, over the top excited celebrating, much? Sorry to see Carl go - winner to loser in one day. Hope he fares well in LCK.
    beerbelly likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  6. #6
    FORT Fanatic Kicksave1052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    452

    Re: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    Michael Chiarello seems like such a snob-bag. He was the one demanding Dale to say his name, lol.
    I remember when he was on Top Chef Masters he demanded to be called Chef Chiarello by everyone. He ultimately lost by preparing an olive oil cake that was an epic fail...no one liked it and said it was gross. LOL!

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey hot_chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,031

    Re: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Also, why on Earth are they going to Vegas for the finale when this is a California season? Surely there's somewhere they could go still in keeping with the theme. It makes no sense.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

  8. #8
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,908

    Re: 3/3 Top Chef 13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    They do this every season, switching up locations for the finals. This year they've kept making references to season 1 (which was in San Fran), and the finals for that season were in Vegas, so it could be that angle.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.