+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Top Chef New Orleans - 1/22 Show Discussion

Re: Top Chef New Orleans - 1/22 Show Discussion

I hardly ever use salt. To season a bit, yes. I'd rather folks taste the food over the seasoning, plus you can always add salt, which is why salt shakers are on every restaurant table across the world. You can't undo too much salt though. I've never had a huge problem with Nick. His food must taste amazing, despite the lack of a little salt, otherwise he wouldn't be in the finals.
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Having been to a couple of them, I can confirm that the tables at Tom's restaurants do not have salt (or pepper) on the tables. I've always heard it is the mark of a confident chef not to put them on the table.

After the Australian girl went home long ago, i lost interest. I regained a bit, but then when the quiet girl went after Nick refused to fall on his sword, I was pissed and totally lost interest. Then I realized I sort of liked Carlos. I don't think he was really a bad guy, I think most was editing.

I can't seem to stay with it, so I didn't see Carlos go, but I don't really care who wins now. Hope it's not Nina or Nick, but after that I don't care unless Carlos comes back from LCK.

This season hasn't kept me very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Having been to a couple of them, I can confirm that the tables at Tom's restaurants do not have salt (or pepper) on the tables. I've always heard it is the mark of a confident chef not to put them on the table.
    I've heard that too. I also know that people ask for salt/pepper from servers in those restaurants as well. Not everyone has the same palate in terms of the amount of salt they prefer.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

******SPOILER ALERT*******

There's a preview clip on Bravotv.com in which Tom asks the 3 finalists which dish they voted for. If you've watched Last Chance Kitchen Louis vs. Carlos, based on their answers you'll know which chef won Last Chance Kitchen. So if you're busting to know, here's the clip (*****SPOILER ALERT******).

See Top Chef Season 11 Previews | Bravo TV Official Site

Also, you can vote here for Fan Favorite: Vote for the Fan Favorite! | Bravo TV Official Site

How lame! They spoiled the winner of LCK in the promo!

Oh well, watch it at your own risk.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It's a practice that is becoming more and more common in high-end restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I've heard that too. I also know that people ask for salt/pepper from servers in those restaurants as well. Not everyone has the same palate in terms of the amount of salt they prefer.
    It is rare for guests to ask for salt and pepper in restaurants that don't provide the seasonings on the table.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12