+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Top Chef New Orleans - 12/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef New Orleans - 12/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Count me among those who hated Texas. I thought it was just me since I don't like southwestern flavors, but I didn't care for the challenges or the chefs.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I hadn't heard that Tom C hated the Texas season. I only enjoyed watching a very select few of the chefs that season and I was only glad that Paul won over Sara. I thought that season was more about traveling through Texas and surviving the weather than it was about the food.

I wish they'd do a season in Atlanta, which seems to be a city where there's a good foodie culture (based on Blais & Kevin Gillespie hailing from there).

FORT Fogey

Tom didn't "hate" Texas, he said it was a mistake because the food was too limited as they chose to focus only on local fare. Something like that. There is too much focus on New Orlean's food from where I sit. Gumbo? Come on, very overrated soup.
    Florimel likes this.

But, wasn't their final challenge in Canada? I remember the final three cooking in gondolas and chipping food out of ice blocks.

Yes, I would like them to base a show on Atlanta and/or the Carolinas. There would be a lot a seafood again (Seattle) and Southern Comfort - different from New Orleans comfort. Or they could base in Boston - once again seafood - but with Italian and Irish influences for the comfort food challenges. How about spicing up the upper mid-west? There are all sorts of possibilities.
    babymay likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    But, wasn't their final challenge in Canada? I remember the final three cooking in gondolas and chipping food out of ice blocks.
    They usually move to a new location when it gets down to the semifinals. Sometimes they only move for the finals, but they've hit the road with as many as 5 or 6 chefs in some seasons.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I don't remember Canada, but they did do a trip to Alaska in a recent season.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I don't remember Canada, but they did do a trip to Alaska in a recent season.
    They did both. They did a 2-part finale in Vancouver for Top Chef Texas, and they did several challenges in Alaska for Top Chef Seattle.

They even have done a finale in New Orleans - that was in Season 5 New York, when Carla, Fabio, Stefan and Hosea went to New Orleans for the 2-part finale. They stayed in a gorgeous hotel suite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12