+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Top Chef - Last Chance Kitchen: New Orleans (BravoTV.com & On-Demand)

Top Chef - Last Chance Kitchen: New Orleans (BravoTV.com & On-Demand)

Last Chance Kitchen | Bravo TV Official Site

Last Chance Kitchen is a companion show, where the eliminated chefs get to compete against each other for a chance to get back in the competition later in the season, usually around the semi-finals. A new episode is posted at BravoTV.com right after a new Top Chef episode airs on the East Coast. It also appears later on Bravo's On Demand channel on most TV systems.

The first 4 eliminated chefs will appear in the first LCK competition on Oct. 23rd. One chef (or maybe more) will be named the winner, and then it becomes a 1-on-1 competition each week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef - Last Chance Kitchen: New Orleans (BravoTV.com & On-Demand)

I am not seeing this as a separate show. So will this be part of TC/NOLA?

Thanks.
    KAREN

It is a web show seen on the Top Chef website. It hasn't started yet, but will be fun to watch when it does. Tom Cohlicio (sp) has been a judge the past two seasons.

Follow the link in MFW's first post.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I am glad Janine won. Jason is arrogant and the strange addition of white chocolate to his corn did him in. Now why didn't he see that coming?

The guy who was eliminated for a salty quick fire failed to add enough salt. Go figure.

I'm glad Janine won, too. She's been one that I quite like so far. She did make a mistake by putting the shrimp back on the fire, but I don't think the faults of the dish were completely her fault. I remember her saying beforehand that she had never known a Vietnamese dish to contain tomato sauce and that she wasn't comfortable with it. All of her team just succumbed to the so-called expert on their team, who just got it wrong. I would have eliminated him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Ugh, Michael's such a prick. And the guys seemed to be rooting for him like bros. His inability to find butter in the fridge was ridiculous. As was taking so much time to pick his ingredients. I was hoping Janine would just sail by him while he was busy admiring himself.

And she did! WOO HOO! Bye bye Michael.
    babymay and Shoepie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Wow. The women are dominating this season. No woman has been permanently eliminated yet. Five guys down, though.

FORT Fogey

That would be arrogant prick, MF.

Michael Sichel

Executive Chef

As Executive Chef of Galatoire’s and Galatoire’s 33 Bar & Steak, Michael Sichel manages two of the largest and busiest fine-dining kitchens in New Orleans, overseeing a staff of more than 30 and preparing the James Beard Award-winning restaurant’s signature dishes.

In addition to his work to date in New Orleans, Sichel has spent more than 13 years honing his cooking skills in Provence, France, and in the kitchens of notable restaurants nationwide including Rubicon with Traci des Jardins in San Francisco and Gotham Bar & Grill with Alfred Portale in New York. Taking his culinary talents internationally, Sichel prepared meals for athletes and their families in the USA House during the 2012 London Olympics.
    Our Team - Galatoire's Restaurant

I extend my sympathies to those who have to work with him. He seems way too accomplished to have failed so miserably. I wonder how many employees are thrilled his under belly was exposed.

FORT Fogey

Janine won again. Very nice, I like her.
    Florimel likes this.

I like Janine, too. It's too bad she was eliminated so early that she has to win her way past so many others in Last Chance Kitchen to make it back. That's got to be really difficult.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast