+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 8/14 Top Chef Masters 5 - Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 8/14 Top Chef Masters 5 - Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just watched.

Another fun show. I do so much prefer it when all the contestants are likeable and get along with each other.

Sorry no one was here to watch the show with you, ClosetWatcher (being a West Coaster, I'm never here anyway). I appreciate your play-by-play reporting anyway - it makes a great summary to refer back to.

I was glad for the losing sous chefs' sakes that the shopping-time penalty didn't hurt their chefs. I didn't figure it would as long as they divvied the shopping up by category rather than each chef shopping for their own ingredients. they had 45-min total shopping time which is more than enough to buy their ingredients.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

I, too, was curious about Lindsay Price and looked her up. Yes, she was Nurse Leilani on H50. She has a lot of guest star tv appearances and also had roles as a regular on Lipstick Jungle, Eastwick, and Coupling. She's had a few film roles, but not in any big movies.

From what can be seen on one tv appearance together, they seem to be a good match for each other.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I looked up the fiancÚ in IMDB, (Lindsay Price) and I'm still not sure where I've seen her. She was in single episodes of a bunch of shows when I was a kid. She was also in a ton of movies and television shows since then, almost all of which I've never watched. I have seen a couple of episodes of How I Met Your Mother, so maybe that's it...
    I know her from my old soap-watching days. Caught glimpses of her on All My Children before she jumped ship to the "good side" (aka CBS). She was on The Bold & The Beautiful.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I looked up the fiancÚ in IMDB, and I'm still not sure where I've seen her. She was in single episodes of a bunch of shows when I was a kid. She was also in a ton of movies and television shows since then, almost all of which I've never watched. I have seen a couple of episodes of How I Met Your Mother, so maybe that's it...
    She was on the original bh90210, she dated Ian zierings character
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

LindSay was on the original BH 90210 for a while
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    LindSay was on the original BH 90210 for a while
    I saw 90210 in her list, but for some reason I assumed it was the new version. IMDB says she was in over 70 episodes of the original series. Although I can't say I remember her character, that may very well be why I recognize her. I was an AVID 90210 watcher back in the day!

Curtis seems a lot more human in his role as host. As it does not hurt to have Gail as the main judge. While wished that she could host a show for once. Too bad Top Chef Desserts was cancelled.
    Merry Christmas!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I saw 90210 in her list, but for some reason I assumed it was the new version. IMDB says she was in over 70 episodes of the original series. Although I can't say I remember her character, that may very well be why I recognize her. I was an AVID 90210 watcher back in the day!
    This is where I first Found her.. I ADORE her, simply loved her on 90210. She was with Steve at the newspaper he owned/ran.. Janet i think her name was on there. She had some moxie I also started watching Lipstick Jungle because of her. I think they make a cute couple and look very happy together.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

To the Point

I have been loving this show this season. I have liked how the chefs all seem to respect and get along. I have loved having the sous chefs as part of the show. It's just been a really enjoyable season to me.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm liking this season, too.

This show is a good example that you don't need forced OTT drama like in MasterChef and HK to be good. It just makes those stupid shows worse.

Anyway, I'm sad to see Lynn go. She was one of my favorites, and I was hoping for a female Top Chef Master for once.
    Hyper likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12