+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 2/27 Finale Pt 2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Top Chef Seattle 2/27 Finale Pt 2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I just cracked up when, during the final challenges, Stefan said to Kristin, "Hey, Kristin. I picked blue"
    She said, "For what", and Stefan answered, "For the baby's room!" Too funny!
    NCLurker, dzigner, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I just cracked up when, during the final challenges, Stefan said to Kristin, "Hey, Kristin. I picked blue"
    She said, "For what", and Stefan answered, "For the baby's room!" Too funny!
    Stefan is really too cute -- and hilarious!
    dzigner likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Stefan is really too cute -- and hilarious!
    Loved how he called her "wifey". heh

BTW, did I miss how the two finalists chose their three assistant chefs?? It seems the groups were exactly the opposite of what I thought they'd be. Thought sure the chefs from LCK would have been in Kristen's court an vice versa. Don't you think the team choices were weird? (Nothing against any of the assistant chefs at all but their placement(s) didn't make sense to me.)

I know...pork guy chosen to work elegant french? And, Stefan working with Brooke rather than Kristen?

Did you hear someone from the peanut gallery yell to Stefan asking if his restaurant was in Malibu? He replied that no, it was in Santa Monica; which isn't that far down PCH from Malibu.

I'm happy with the outcome and agree Brooke had problems layering on too many flavors while Kristen kept it simple. That they cooked the same proteins made for easier side-by-side judging. After Kristen left, I switched to rooting for Brooke, but Kristen pulled out the final menu. Congratulations to her!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Loved how he called her "wifey". heh
    I know, right? Very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    BTW, did I miss how the two finalists chose their three assistant chefs?? It seems the groups were exactly the opposite of what I thought they'd be. Thought sure the chefs from LCK would have been in Kristen's court an vice versa. Don't you think the team choices were weird? (Nothing against any of the assistant chefs at all but their placement(s) didn't make sense to me.)
    I thought it was just me, tinderbox.
    I need to watch this last episode On Demand to see if they actually announce how their sieu chefs are assigned. It was all too weird.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I thought I must have missed how the sous chefs were chosen, but surely all of us wouldn't have missed it.

There were a couple of times during the show where Brooke told her assistants to season whatever it was they were cooking (and what to season it with), but I was surprised she didn't do that herself unless she had precise amounts tested and laid out.

I would have been happy if either Brook or Kristen won...both were excellent chefs.
    Kristen surprised and somewhat disappointed me when she said she needed to go to Korea, just to see other people who looked like her....( maybe she lives somewhere that have few Koreans....unlike where I live.)
    Then I watched how loving and caring her father was at the end of the show. She obviously had a wonderful family.
    I hope someday she learns that it's more important how people act/behave and not what people look like but she's very young.
    I'm sure some people will definitely disagree with me but I guess I just didn't understand her feelings about that.
    Not to mention the fact that very few people will ever look like her............she is totally drop-dead gorgeous and that's not common, no matter what your ethnicity is.
    NFL1 likes this.

I really hated the way they did the finale. I hope they never do that again. I liked both Kristen and Brooke so Kristen winning is just fine with me. It was just the format I disliked.

I don't think we saw the assistant chefs being chosen, but I think I remember Kristen and Brooke talking about why they chose each assistant. It was very brief and early on in the program.

I can understand Kristen's desire to go back to the place of her birth. Many of us are third and fourth generation Americans, but we still want to visit the lands of our heritage whether they be Italy, Ireland, Israel, or any other.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I understand Kristen's desire to see people who look like her that could be relatives....at the very least, they are her countrymen. I used to work with a guy whose mother was adopted and she had NO desire to find out where she came from or from whom. I didn't understand that. I think it's probably different when you live where you are not a part of the majority. I don't think it shows any disrespect or a lack of appreciation or love; I think it's more of a natural curiosity.

Kristen is heading to a place where most of the people look like her, and that will be a unique experience for her.
    Florimel likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast