+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 2/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Top Chef Seattle 2/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Am I the only one who noticed when the chefs were flying in the helicopter, Sheldon mentioned he wished he had some REEFER? I watched the show again and made sure my husband was paying attention and he said he heard that comment too. Hmmmm.....?

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed when the chefs were flying in the helicopter, Sheldon mentioned he wished he had some REEFER? I watched the show again and made sure my husband was paying attention and he said he heard that comment too. Hmmmm.....?
    That caught my attention as well. Mostly because I was so surprised that the editors included the comment!!

Regarding the quick fire. They were told to cook with whatever ingredients were on hand. I have a really hard believing that bok choy and arugula are typical on-hand ingredients at a sled dog training camp.
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

I noticed the reefer comment, too. I thought that was a phrase from back in my young days and that they called it other things now.

I was pleased that Josh was eliminated. I wish him well with the baby, but that moustache is just awful. For those old enough to remember, he reminds me of Snidely Whiplash.

Attachment 28826
    Cootie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks for reminding me straycat -- I had to watch the rerun to make sure I heard Sheldon correctly! Sure enough, he said "I wish I had some good reefer!"

Sign of the times, I guess -- it's slowly becoming more and more legal in small ways...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Josh's facial hair bugged me not only because of the annoying moustache, but also because I think he would look YEARS younger if he got rid of it!! WHY do younger men want to prematurely age themselves by wearing lots of facial hair!?

FORT Fogey

I want to see Brooke win. Sheldon slid by a couple of times; they know he is an excellent chef and wanted to keep him in. Tom is adamant that the judging is based on the dish in front of them. He operates with ingegrity and refused to be part of this show if Bravo had a vote. That said, the judges cannot ignore their gut feelings. I have to believe that the chef's history tips the scale when deciding who goes, when down to 2.

I love this show!

Josh, cut the ends off that terrible mustache. Looking like you are straight out of a barber shop quartet in 1932 is not cool.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    That caught my attention as well. Mostly because I was so surprised that the editors included the comment.
    Exactly! I'm not at all surprised a good Island Boy burns a fatty every once in awhile, but its pretty brave of the editors to include it. I'm glad I'm not getting their emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I noticed the reefer comment, too. I thought that was a phrase from back in my young days and that they called it other things now.
    Everything old becomes new again! The first time I heard 'stoked' used again I knew nothing was off limits.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I think Brooke has really been the story of this season of Top Chef. Not only has all of her food (except fried chicken) been exceptional, we've seen her face her deepest fears (boating, helicopter, etc.) and come out the winner of those challenges. She's so low-key, but I wonder if those experiences made her an even better chef and better competitor. I hope the finale is between her and either Lizzie or Kristen but I hope she wins the whole thing. I think she really deserves it and has earned it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well as far as I know, out of nine seasons there has only been one female winner. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Call me crazy and laugh at me all you want, but I lovvvvves me some Tom Colicchio.
    I can't call you crazy because I'm crazy about Hugh Acheson...love his smart a$$ personality.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Josh's wife calls to say she is on her way to the hospital to deliver their baby girl. Obviously, he's filled with emotions.

After being in the kitchen all day, he gets a call in the middle of the night from his wife. She's sobbing how much she wants him there with her.
    (Sorry. She's in labor. I get it. Call me a cad, but that wasn't cool on her part.)
    I will forgive most of what a woman says while in labor....

Unfortunately, I think Sheldon has been picked to be the winner for quite sometime....I wish it would be Brook but TPTB have it saved for Sheldon.
    and once again, we are treated to Padma eating off her knife again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast