+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 1/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Top Chef Seattle 1/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I loved watching them eat and talk about the chicken! I would have liked to have seen more. No doubt there was a lot of x rated material.

Tom, if not all, were waiting for Josie to trip to get rid of her. I knew this was the day.

I love this show; it is #1 on my list.
    Shoepie . . .

Gotcha!

I was LOVING watching them eat and make chicken comments! I was LOL when Michelle had to shake her head and admit that she couldn't go anywhere NEAR Josie's chicken. And either before or after that (memory fails me at this particular second), seeing Josie in the back telling the other chefs about how Michelle was one of the ones who'd previously voted her off. Before OR after, I was DYING when Michelle refused that chicken, and dying when Josie was giving the others the lowdown on her and Michelle's TC history.

Tom? Josie? Whoah, brother! Tom had had MORE than enough of Josie. When he cut her off and said that that was IT, she didn't manage her time well (or words to that effect), my mouth dropped halfway open in surprise. I mean, Tom calls a spade a spade, but DAMN! It was way, WAY obvious that if HE had anything to do with it or say about it (and, uh, YEAH, he DID, obviously!), Josie's ass was OUT THAT DOOR. THAT NIGHT.

ALSO loved it when Padma remarked about Stefan (as he, Josie and Brooke were exiting Judges' Table): "He's SUCH a bull$#!##er!" THEN REPEATED IT SECONDS LATER!!!

OUCH!

Those two are NOT into suffering fools gladly, ARE they??

Shoepie and Dragonlady like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

This is why IMO they should NEVER EVER have contestants return for another season. I don't think the judges can separate themselves and judge each season separately. Don't get me wrong..I'm thrilled Josie is gone, but I think Tom was just fed up with her...all seasons combined.
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Shoepie . . .

Gotcha!

I was LOVING watching them eat and make chicken comments! I was LOL when Michelle had to shake her head and admit that she couldn't go anywhere NEAR Josie's chicken. And either before or after that (memory fails me at this particular second), seeing Josie in the back telling the other chefs about how Michelle was one of the ones who'd previously voted her off. Before OR after, I was DYING when Michelle refused that chicken, and dying when Josie was giving the others the lowdown on her and Michelle's TC history.

Tom? Josie? Whoah, brother! Tom had had MORE than enough of Josie. When he cut her off and said that that was IT, she didn't manage her time well (or words to that effect), my mouth dropped halfway open in surprise. I mean, Tom calls a spade a spade, but DAMN! It was way, WAY obvious that if HE had anything to do with it or say about it (and, uh, YEAH, he DID, obviously!), Josie's ass was OUT THAT DOOR. THAT NIGHT.

ALSO loved it when Padma remarked about Stefan (as he, Josie and Brooke were exiting Judges' Table): "He's SUCH a bull$#!##er!" THEN REPEATED IT SECONDS LATER!!!

OUCH!

Those two are NOT into suffering fools gladly, ARE they??

Yes, I loved all of this! Tom turning to Puck and asking if he had fried chicken in Austria was priceless. Also Emeril saying he did, in fact, remember the last time he had chicken cord en blu......two flights ago!!

Great show. They realized their mistake in Texas last season and recovered. Back to normal.

I love all the judges and I love to watch Padma eat. I try to emulate that when I remember. While eating a pork slider with cole slaw, my friend said, want another napkin Padma?
    ness and Dragonlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    This is why IMO they should NEVER EVER have contestants return for another season. I don't think the judges can separate themselves and judge each season separately. Don't get me wrong..I'm thrilled Josie is gone, but I think Tom was just fed up with her...all seasons combined.
    Tom was DEFINITELY fed up with Josie . . . No doubt about that, at ALL.

The other side of that coin, I think, is that Josie not only tanked SO horribly by having her chicken winding up being a crispy-coated oil slick, she TOTALLY compounded the felony by saying SHE tasted the chicken, thought it was delicious, Brooke tasted the chicken, etc., etc., etc.

Also, on THIS season, Josie CONTINUALLY ran the: "There was no TIME!" line. Or: "It wasn't MY menu!" Yada. Yada. Or concentrated on running her mouth and putting on a "show", when she should've been seeing to getting her food completed properly. Tom had DIRECTLY called her out for THAT before, or at least said something about her doing that to the other judges, too. Matter of fact, I actually remember her, at one point, saying something to the effect of: "When people come around, I want to serve up a show AND food!"

Bless her heart, she got on MY last good nerve with that crap.

Matter of fact, I even seem to recall her saying something in a PI about how she'd once done food for a dinner at her house, and they served sushi on naked women????

Oh, PLEASE!

TALK about putting on a SHOW!!!!!!!

And as for Michelle (who voted against Josie on Josie's first TC go-round) . . .

Just looking at her and watching her face when she said she couldn't handle Josie's chicken --- not even to the point of being able to take a bite for tasting --- my view on it is that she was actually sincere in wanting to try it, but just couldn't, because it was so greasy and bad. I remember that she bit her lip, shook her head, said she was sorry, then kind of stuttered out that she couldn't, she just couldn't. Her eyes actually looked to me like she was maybe tearing up. Maybe she was possibly thinking that because she'd voted against Josie during the earlier show, she might be seen as holding that against her.

But, the others at the table DID taste it, and absolutely agreed that it was too greasy and horrible, too. So that took the negative vibe off Michelle's inability to even taste it.

Therefore, I honestly don't think Michelle was holding Josie's sins from the earlier TC show against her.

Tom, I think, had just had ENOUGH of Josie skating by in Seattle. I believe he was also pissed that Kristen had fallen on her sword last week, to Josie's benefit.

So when Josie opened the door wide with that greasy chicken (AND, by basically calling the judges liars/idiots by saying her chicken'd been tasted by her and all the rest of the chefs in the kitchen and deemed delicious), Tom COMPLETELY blew up and ran right on through the door Josie'd opened for him.

I don't think any of these judges would be human if they DIDN'T have some remembrance of negative happenings from earlier times with these people.

But in this particular instance, for Michelle, I believe she was absolutely giving Josie a fair shake and not holding anything from an earlier show against her.

As for Tom, in this particular instance, I think he'd just had enough in Seattle of Josie having dumb luck, skating by and reaping the rewards of someone else throwing themselves under the bus to her benefit, or someone else just HAPPENING to wind up being a hair (or less) worse than SHE was at the end of a particular EC.

Just some thoughts and observations.
    Last edited by ness; 01-26-2013 at 12:22 AM.
    Shoepie and Dragonlady like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes, I loved all of this! Tom turning to Puck and asking if he had fried chicken in Austria was priceless. Also Emeril saying he did, in fact, remember the last time he had chicken cord en blu......two flights ago!!

Great show. They realized their mistake in Texas last season and recovered. Back to normal.

I love all the judges and I love to watch Padma eat. I try to emulate that when I remember. While eating a pork slider with cole slaw, my friend said, want another napkin Padma?
    YEP!!!!!! Those moments had me ROFLMFAO, too!

This was one of the most fun, satisfying ECs and Judges' Tables I've seen on TC.

And Padma eating IS a sight to behold.

Does your friend keep a handy supply of napkins around you, now?

LOLOL!
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    YEP!!!!!! Those moments had me ROFLMFAO, too!

This was one of the most fun, satisfying ECs and Judges' Tables I've seen on TC.

And Padma eating IS a sight to behold.

Does your friend keep a handy supply of napkins around you, now?

LOLOL!
    He suggested a bib! It was very juicy.

Just watching the rerun of this episode on Bravo this morning.

The other night, I missed the part where Josh was talking and they showed a picture of him with his wife.
    Dang, tame that ridiculous handle-bar moustache and he's cahyoot!
    Shoepie likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

I hate that mustache too!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

You only had to watch that very brief moment when Josie started talking about how she didn't have enough time to know how Tom felt. He closed his eyes, cocked his head, rubbed his temple and had that "please make her stop" look on his face. Priceless!

That's exactly how I felt.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Ok, what am I missing about Padma eating??
    I don't look at her much anytime....I just don't get all the "greatness of Padma"....except she sure knows how to catch the attention of rich powerful men.....
    so does she eat poorly?
    I'll have to watch next time.
    And hooray for the last of Josie!!!
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast