+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Seattle 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Former cheftestants C.J., Josie and Stefan make an appearance...and they're wearing chef coats!

Forum threads will open again after the show has aired on the west coast (11PM PT/2AM ET)

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Seattle 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Damn...I was hoping Jeffrey would go far. But even I know better than to start cooking small portions of fish 14 minutes out!

It was interesting seeing the reactions when CJ, Josie, and Stefan went from judging the QuickFire to becoming cheftestants. It's going to be an interesting season :-)
    dzigner and JohnnyK like this.

I was sad to see the eliminated guy leave. I had picked him as my early favorite!
    Arielflies likes this.

Stefan has not aged well. The blue team's dish looked fantastic. Early favorite for me is Kuniko, simply because I kind of like her laid-back mad scientist vibe.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I can't stand Stefan, he is much too cocky. I didn't care for his act the first time around either LOL. I was hoping he would get eliminated last night.

I also hope that Carla? (the loud mouth lady) gets booted soon, she drives me up a wall. I feel sorry for the chefs on this show having to work and live with her.

I felt for Carla's teammates. Hopefully next week they switch up teams and give the other two another shot. Ah, Jeffrey...I really liked you the first show and thought you would go far. Dry fish, though, wasn't going to push you forward.

Even though I don't know them, I hate that they brought back redeemers. This is the third reality show currently airing that I watch where Redeemers are featured. There are enough personalities without the "We know how this works" crowd getting thrown in.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yeah, it's a disturbing trend with reality comp shows -- network execs and producers get more and more afraid of showing people anything completely new -- they think they have to cater to our comfort zones and bring us familiar faces to hedge their bets on whether or not we'll watch a new season. It's the same reason we are ODing on "All-Star" versions of shows. It's pretty cowardly on their part, in my opinion.

And this was supposed to be the season of Top Chef that went "back to basics" -- so far, not so much. But I'm still enjoying the show at least.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

At least the returning team was in the bottom. I don't like this new trend either. All stars or all new.
    maude~flanders likes this.

I have no opinion about Josie, but CJ & Stefan were the Blaises of their seasons - each was well on his way to becoming Top Chef, so they'd be wise to forget that, have a healthy dose of humility, and compete as well as they competed first time around.

Early on, there are some chefs I'm more interested in seeing through the season, although one of them is already gone. I'm particularly watching Brooke, Kuniko, Tesar, the guy from Hawaii (sorry, name eludes me), the gal from South Africa (again, don't know her name), and the returning chefs.

I love this show!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was seriously not happy when I saw the returning chefs, and considered not watching this season because of it. The only reason I will keep watching is because their team was in the bottom. I hate that we can't watch new contestants each season on reality shows! Whenever they bring in vets, they also give most of the camera time to them and have to hear their take on everything instead of getting to know the new people. I swear, this season on Survivor, a few of the people who left - I really didn't know their names or remember they were there in the first place! Big Brother was the same thing. We had to hear every single DR of the vets, and nothing from the newbies.

All-stars or All-new!!

Anyway, as far as our new contestants go, I really like Kuniko, can't stand the loud-mouth lady, and wonder what is going to happen with the "meanest chef in Dallas" guy. He seems fine, so far.
    The loud-mouth lady constantly kept mentioning how beautiful she is. It's obvious that she's had a lot of work done, but she still isn't all that. Maybe 10 more pounds of collagen in those giant lips will do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast