+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 11/7 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef Seattle 11/7 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was surprised that so many of the omelet people made it through because I thought all but one of those omelets looked aweful! When I went to culinary school the first thing we were taught was how to make an omelet and we were told omelets should be 'colorless'- no brown at all. All but one of the ones shown were brown. The odd thing was that some looked horrible while they were being plated, but when Wolfie went to eat them they didn't look nearly as brown or as bad as when they were being plated so I'm wondering if they got a 'do-over' that wasn't shown. You have to love editing!
    I noticed that, too. I learned how to cook an omelette from Julia Child. They are to be soft, fluffy and not brown. The filling is made seperately and you add it as you roll the eggs onto the plate.

I just watched the previews for next week on the Bravo site. Carla is the name of the loud woman. She will drive her team to distraction next week.

Re: Top Chef Seattle 11/7 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Definitely the best premiere in a long time. I already like a few of these folks, such as the lady with glasses, Danyele (loved when she was chosen and that bitchy chef was elt go), as well as the Japanese lady, Kuniko. That arrogant chef from Dallas is already on my last nerve, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12