+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dragonlady

Thread: Top Chef Masters 9/26 Season Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 9/26 Season Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Who will take Season 4? Chris or Kerry?

Enjoy the show!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-26-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters 9/26 Season Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Woo-hoo! Chris won :-) And he prepared offal.

No quick fire...just challenge. The chefs had to prepare four dishes for a table of critics, and the dishes were letters: love letter, apology, thank you, and letter to himself. Chris' Chef de Cuisine and Kerry's friend (also a chef) came to help them out. (I know that Kerry and his friend had worked together before, but I didn't get the impression that they were working together now.)

Both chefs "wrote" the love letter to their wives. Chris' apology was to his wife, Kerry's was to his family. Chris' thank you was to his grandmother, Kerry's was to his family.

The plates looked really good, although I'm still not sure I'm ready to try offal (Chris prepared cow heart with foie gras as his love letter and tripe as his thank you.)

Congrats to the Michael J. Fox Foundation :-)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Woo-hoo! Chris won :-) And he prepared offal.

No quick fire...just challenge. The chefs had to prepare four dishes for a table of critics, and the dishes were letters: love letter, apology, thank you, and letter to himself. Chris' Chef de Cuisine and Kerry's friend (also a chef) came to help them out. (I know that Kerry and his friend had worked together before, but I didn't get the impression that they were working together now.)

Both chefs "wrote" the love letter to their wives. Chris' apology was to his wife, Kerry's was to his family. Chris' thank you was to his grandmother, Kerry's was to his family.

The plates looked really good, although I'm still not sure I'm ready to try offal (Chris prepared cow heart with foie gras as his love letter and tripe as his thank you.)

Congrats to the Michael J. Fox Foundation :-)
    I like a lot of ofal but some crosses a line for me. Sweetbreads are the best! If you ever happen to see them on a menu get them. They taste like the best chicken nugget you have ever had. They are the thalamus gland of a cow.

I am glad Chris won too. I knew he would. The editing told me so. He took risks, cooked from the heart and his letters were sincere; it was obvious to me.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 09-27-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Blood Sausage won! Congratulations, Chris. You not only surprised the critics, but sent one lady into swooning ecstasy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like a lot of ofal but some crosses a line for me. Sweetbreads are the best! If you ever happen to see them on a menu get them. They taste like the best chicken nugget you have ever had. They are the thalamus gland of a cow.

I am glad Chris won too. I knew he would. The editing told me so. He took risks, cooked from the heart and his letters were sincere; it was obvious to me.
    Yeah, his letters were so much better than Kerry's...but I was worried that the offal might put off the judges.

I'd love to try sweetbreads sometime, but I've heard that they need to be prepared by someone who knows what they're doing. (Then again, I don't think I've ever seen them on a menu around here. Maybe on my next trip to San Francisco...)

I was really ok with with either of them winning...they both were fab chefs.
    I was just glad I wasn't a judge....not my kind of food at all.
    NCLurker and sparklete like this.

I'm so happy for Chris and The MJF Foundation. YAY for them both!!!

I was rooting for Chris the entire season and had a sixth sense that he was going to win. He really sticks his neck out at goes all out with his cooking and competitive personality. There wasn't one part of his meal that is my cup of tea, at all, but I give him so darn much credit for preparing what was in his heart and not necessarily what was expected from a finalist.

That said, I wouldn't have been upset if Kerry had won. I'm sure the judges had a rough time with this one!

I was just thinking that Chris' wife must have really loved him and put up with a lot....just seeing all those hairstyles he had in those photos of his past makes me think he was a "tad" rebellious.
    And I'm pretty sure he (and Kerry) were/are workaholics because if their passion. Their "Apology" food creations both spoke to that.
    I don't think it's easy to be the partner of someone who has such a huge passion for their work, especially if you're a traditional wife or husband.
    I really enjoyed this season. It had a lot of humor and great personable chefs. Nothing stuff about this group.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just got around to watching the finale today. Facebook post "spoiled" the results for me on Friday. Glad Chris won just so MJF Foundation would get the money.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread