+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef 2/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Paul better take this thing. I can't stand the idea of either of the mean girls taking it.

Hated, positively hated, Sarah pretending to be all sweetness and light to Bev after she beat her, hugging her and saying she's glad they shared this experience. Then in the previews for next week, she was right back to badmouthing her.

And I thought Tiffany was bad in season one...at least she wasn't so hypocritical. Plus, by the next time we saw her, she'd realized how she looked her first time out, and she'd changed into a much nicer person as a result. If Sarah or Lindsey win this thing, it will just confirm for them that behaving the way they do is the key to success. Blech.

C'mon, Paul...win one for the good guys.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

This will be the first season of Top Chef where I didn't watch the finale. No problem! TAR and Survivor are back!
    rfromp likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I'm considering not watching it until after it's aired the first time, and I've found out who's won. If it's anybody but Paul, I won't watch.
    Uncle David likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Okay, they weren't water skis, just cross-country, but TC has jumped the proverbial shark with these gimmicky challenges. Riding around San Antonio was at least tacitly connected to the locale and the guest judge, but breaking blocks of ice? Cooking in a gondola? Skiing and shooting for ingredients? Okay, skiing and shooting are Olympic sports, but that's still a stretch. At this point in the competition, I just want the top 4 to cook their food in the best way possible.

I'm fine with Bev being eliminated as long as Paul takes the title. I was right there with him with the motion sickness in the gondola, and I was merely on the couch.
    Uncle David likes this.

I've watched every season of Top Chef from the git-go. This one is thee most ridiculous --AND disappointing-- season ever.

"Cooking" in a gondola?
    Chipping ingredients out of blocks of ice?
    Skiing and skeet shooting?
    Sara BS-ing her "Like" of Bev? <insert.rolling.eyes.here>

Disgusting. All of it. I don't care who wins. Well, as long as it's not Sara.
    NFL1, Uncle David and sparklete like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

PhoneGrrrl-
    We basically posted the same complaints at the same time.

JINX! You owe me a Coke!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm considering not watching it until after it's aired the first time, and I've found out who's won. If it's anybody but Paul, I won't watch.
    Ill be doing the same--anybody but Paul and I will NOT be watching.

Too bad Bev didn't run Sara over with Paul's new Prius!

The only highlight of this silly episode is Sara's fat ass falling all over the place...I hope it HURT!
    NFL1 likes this.

FORT Newbie

All the vitriol towards Sarah...I actually like her, although I dont think she's as good a cook as some others who were eliminated. Nyesha was my fave and once she was eliminated, I didnt care any more. Nyehsa's got potential star quality; Top Chef would be wise to bring her back in some capacity in the future. I was so happy to see Bev GONE at last. She can cook, but her personality is grating and irritating to me.

This season of TC has been a disappointment; I disliked the gimmicky challenges in Texas and tonight. The people in charge of planning the challeges are just overthinking the thing. WAY overthinking it.

On the whole, the LCK didnt really work for me. I loved the LCK itself, particiularly enjoyed seeing more of Tom Colicchio handling it solo, but I hated seeing Ed's spot taken by Beverly. If it had been Nyesha, maybe I'd feel differently about it.

I can't stand Sarah...I didn't accept her cloying niceness to Bev at then end when Bev was out the door. Sarah is who she is and she's shown all of us the true witch she is. I hate hypocrites.
    I'm all for Paul winning this thing. I was very impressed with him helping the girls smash the ice. What a great guy.
    Really wanted to hear Sarah shout out "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!" That was the best part, watching her fall down.
    Loved how she thought her background with shooting would help her and she couldn't shoot at all.
    NFL1, rfromp and sparklete like this.

I wonder why Sarah can't let go her pettiness about Bev and concentrate on cooking. She is so insecure and pathetic, it's sad.
    rfromp and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast