+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 2/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The Final Four! No the Final Five! No, the Final Four again?

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT / 2AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef 2/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Beverly won LCK. Arggh.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

And Beverly is in the Finals. :o( Paul wins a new car! :o)
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I'm so mad that Ed is out and Bev is in the finals with Lindsay and Sarah.

Paul all the way! He's won so much throughout the season, I think it is his to lose. Here's hoping!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm OK with Bev being in the Finals. It's Sarah I wanted to see out.

Then again, I wanted to see Sarah out weeks ago.
    FireWoman and TripleGemini like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I'm OK with Bev being in the Finals. It's Sarah I wanted to see out.

Then again, I wanted to see Sarah out weeks ago.

Sarah's mean girl attitude has really turned me off, and I'm annoyed that she didn't even have to do the last challenge in order to get into the finals and that she hugged Paul and pretty much ignored Beverly when she saw that she'd made it to the finals. Basically, Sarah got immunity long past the point at which immunity should be an issue--and it's the first time she'd ever won a quickfire the whole season. I do find it amusing, however, that Paul got the car and a spot in the finals. Did Sarah realize it was possible to cook your way to both?

I was sad to see Ed go, since he has been a nice guy throughout the competition, but I knew he was doomed the moment I saw him choose to use the canned smoked oysters. Nobody on Top Chef should ever use a canned protein unless required to do so by the challenge, as it's typically the kiss of death--and the judges always catch it. If he hadn't done that, he'd probably have made the finals.

I find myself caring less who wins than I care about who doesn't win--I'm fine with Paul or Beverly winning. The other two, no. I haven't liked their attitudes for some time, and I really don't think they're as strong as they think themselves to be. Besides, it's never as satisfying when a contestant with an attitude wins. I still hate the idea that Gretchen won her season of PR, especially given what her line looked like.
    Florimel, FireWoman and GabbyG like this.

I agree with the posters here....so sorry to see Ed go. He was funny, upbeat and kind to everyone and my pick for Top Chef winner. Darn.
    Sarah drives me nuts....so mean and she doesn't even try to hide her dislike of anything, particularly Bev.
    The little blonde can be mean also but she seems to be so out of her huge need to accomplish something. She's so competitive, a little abnormally so and also so driven and serious. Kind of makes you wonder why she can never see, enjoy the lighter side of life. She's totally focused on winning all the time and nothing else seems to matter.
    I'm on a hunt to find the recipe for Ed's pickles. All the judges seemed to really love them and I want them too!
    If anyone finds it, please let me know.

I am so very very sad that Ed is gone and both of the horrible mean girls are still in. I guess I have to root for Paul now. I suppose I wouldn't mind Beverly winning either
    GabbyG likes this.

Glad Bev & Paul made the finals, not happy Sarah made it over Ed. Thought Ed really should have won the quick fire, and there really should not have been a reason for there to be immunity this late in the game. Almost felt rigged.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Sorry to see Ed go over Sarah... but I knew once I heard canned oysters he was a gonner. Through the process of elimination I'll have to root for Paul now with Bev a close second.

Did anyone see WWHL last night. Padma cracked me up with that can of Easy Cheese. It accidently went flying out of the can onto Andy's carpet. I have a feeling Andy is an obsessive neat freak because he really seemed upset that there was cheese on the carpet. Too funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast