+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 2/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really liked Grayson so I would have been fine with her coming back, but I'm happy Bev did. She has really taken a beating from some of her fellow contestants. They consistently underestimate her. The judges seem to really love her food. I think the lady who she beat in Last Chance Kitchen is happy that Bev went on since that is who took over her winning streak.

I wish I could think of her name, and wish we still had the pictures across the top. I can never remember people when I want to and that used to be so helpful.

I was sorry to see Ed go. I wish Sarah would go, and I would have been happy with Leslie going too. They just are not nice people. It shows a definite lack of character to not even be able to tell someone good job whether or not you like them. It's not like she's ever done something reprehensible to them.

I want Paul to win but I would be happy with a Bev win.
    GabbyG and sparklete like this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Nyesha? from LCK. I liked her a great deal but have to say her attitude abot Bev winning her way back in was the show of a real class act.

I would have been fine with Lindsay going.. she is really on my last nerve, well Sarah is, but shes there with her. I am on board with everyone wanting a win for Paul.. with Bev a close second. My final 3 would have been Paul, Ed, and Bev.. and as much as I'd love a female to win to help with the lack of balance here, I think it is Paul's to give away at this point. Go Paul!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Nyesha? from LCK. I liked her a great deal but have to say her attitude abot Bev winning her way back in was the show of a real class act.

I would have been fine with Lindsay going.. she is really on my last nerve, well Sarah is, but shes there with her. I am on board with everyone wanting a win for Paul.. with Bev a close second. My final 3 would have been Paul, Ed, and Bev.. and as much as I'd love a female to win to help with the lack of balance here, I think it is Paul's to give away at this point. Go Paul!
    Yes, Nyesha. She was very classy about her win. I liked that she was rooting for Bev winning last chance kitchen. A true competitor IMO.
    dzigner likes this.

Sarah and Lindsey are disgusting human beings...I hope Bev runs them over with Paul's new Prius after one of them (B or P) takes the title. And, I'm sure Tom will vociferously defend their latest decision, but dried out herbs sticking to your tongue and weird cream sauce sound much less palatable than a slightly odd oyster sauce. And really, the oyster sauce was barely smeared on the bottom of the plate (it looked like it was there more for presentation than as a major component). I call foul on this decision and really question why they are giving out immunity leading into the finals. They can defend their 'objectivity' till the cows come home (I know Tom often says they make the decisions, blogs, etc...) but there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen for this show just like all other reality tv...and I can't help but think they wanted Sarah/Bev/Lindsey in the finale for potential drama...

ERRRR!
    Uncle David likes this.

FORT Fogey

I understand Ed being send home for using canned oysters. Smoked oysters have a very distinctive taste, I love them, but no way could they take the place of fresh oysters. Using canned food is a huge NO. Another problem with Ed's choice was his inability to change direction when faced with no fresh oysters. If you had green beans in your dish and there were no fresh, would you use canned? Of course not.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

DARN!!!! I can't believe that both of the mean girls moved on. Having said that, I was getting tired of Ed complaining about the Last Chance Kitchen twist. I rather liked it. BTW, I've had a few excellent dishes that featured smoked oysters, but I've never enjoyed biting into a dried herb.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Ed: Yes, I'm sorry to see him go. BUT, Bev did NOT take his spot. He GAVE his spot away when he chose to use those canned smoked oysters.

Bev: Not doing cartwheels over her being back (Yes, I was rooting for Nyesha!), but she did what was needed, she's back, and good luck to her. I'm glad to see her back if for no other reason than that she bugs the hell out of Lindsay (sp?) and Sarah JUST by being back.

Lindsay: Nasty little person. Just nasty. I hope she steps in it and smears it around, big time, simply because of her attitude, the way she carries herself, and the way she treated Bev.

Sarah: Ditto. And frankly, I agree with Ed's assessment that her opting to ride her way into the finals indicates a lack of confidence on her part.

Paul: I hope he takes it all.
    Last edited by ness; 02-13-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12