+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Top Chef 12/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 12/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Tiffany ate some humble pie on her season and changed because of it.
    Dale Talde did too, I think. On the other hand, Marcel didn't, so it's really just how their personalities are. I don't see Heather changing at all, personally.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Heather is repulsive. She is mean, she is a bully, she is just awful. Last week Bev's job was the shrimp and you know what? They got done and the judges liked them! How is that anything but success? I would understand if she had another job that was being neglected in order to do those shrimp perfectly, but she didn't, so what is the problem? Good for the other chefs in the room for sticking up for her.

Hearing more about Bev's backstory makes me like her, or at least understand her, more. Also I appreciated when Sarah was crying and Bev told her not to feel ashamed, that we all cope with stress in different ways.

It seems like this group of chefs, Heather aside, has a lot of integrity, at least so far. Standing up for Bev, when Tylor (I know I'm not spelling it right but that's essentially his name) didn't call Eduardo out for firing the steaks too early, they just seem to all be less willing to throw each other under the bus than previous seasons, which I actually really like.

So far I like Paul and Grayson.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

I liked Tiffany so much better the second time out because she readily admitted that after she saw the show, she realized how she looked and was determined to change her attitude for the better. Unfortunately, not everyone gets that. Marcel didn't, for instance.

But I'd say both Tiffany and Marcel, even when they were driving me nuts, produced better food than Heather has. She makes a lot of noise about what a great chef she is, but have we seen anything to back that up?

I've been thinking a lot about the last show, and I don't understand why they didn't send Bev and Heather out. Both undercooked the protein, but at least the judges really liked the flavors in Nyesha's and Dakota's dish. They didn't like anything about Bev's and Heather's...they even said it didn't look cohesive.

I'd like to see Heather gone. And soon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about the last show, and I don't understand why they didn't send Bev and Heather out. Both undercooked the protein, but at least the judges really liked the flavors in Nyesha's and Dakota's dish. They didn't like anything about Bev's and Heather's...they even said it didn't look cohesive.

I'd like to see Heather gone. And soon!
    If memory serves, Heather and Bev cooked their meat properly. They didn't think the entire dish was coheisive. Dakota and Nyesha's venison was raw, not just undercooked. That was too big to ignore, given game was the focus of the challenge.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-18-2011 at 06:59 AM.

FORT Fogey

Yes, that was the basis on which the decision was made--it was a wild game challenge and Dakota and Nyesha's venison wasn't just undercooked--it was bloody raw. It might not even have been entirely safe to eat.

My guess is that no matter how great the side dishes or sauces were, if someone in a restaurant were served their dish, he/she might very well send it back without even touching it whereas he/she might at least have tried Heather and Bev's dish.

I am surprised that Heather wasn't called out on her using the same cake recipie twice & it wasn't even her recipie.

As for Heathers' behaviour...although I can not really say much, I have a friend who is in the running to be part of a reality show. That person showed me part of their potential contract (I didn't see the whole contract nor would I have wanted to). The production has the right to basically decide who/how/why they want to edit a person. They make a decision early on who will pay the role of the villian, nice guy...whatever. You can be told what to say & how to say it. Your video can be edited to make it seem you said something you really didn't say.

After reading that I am not sure I would really want to be a part of that.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

You can't edit in things people haven't said. Heather's saying all those things to Beverly, no matter what's being left on the cutting room floor. And honestly even if they were editing out all the nice things Heather has said it wouldn't make up for the way she behaves most of the time. Also, I think there's something to the fact that her fellow chefs are taking exception to her behavior towards Beverly. If it wasn't that bad, then no one would say anything.

Plus, I don't really think Top Chef runs the way your friend's reality show does.... it sounds like she's going to be on one of the more interpersonal drama centered shows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am surprised that Heather wasn't called out on her using the same cake recipie twice & it wasn't even her recipie.

As for Heathers' behaviour...although I can not really say much, I have a friend who is in the running to be part of a reality show. That person showed me part of their potential contract (I didn't see the whole contract nor would I have wanted to). The production has the right to basically decide who/how/why they want to edit a person. They make a decision early on who will pay the role of the villian, nice guy...whatever. You can be told what to say & how to say it. Your video can be edited to make it seem you said something you really didn't say.

After reading that I am not sure I would really want to be a part of that.
    What is the name of this reality show? I have no doubt that many series do this but I don't believe it is across the board. Top Chef and Project Runway are skill oriented. We have seen interesting characters knocked out early on both of these.
    tears.and.rain likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree. I do believe that at times Top Chef and also Project Runway give certain competitors certain edits towards the end to create drama or at least some personality. But honestly they have to do this because all the competitors who were all drama and no skill have already gone home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast