+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Top Chef 9: Last Chance Kitchen (BravoTV.com) **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 1/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Nyesha beats Ty with Heather's help in Last Chance Kitchen. Three more battles and the last winner reenters.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Re: Top Chef 9: Last Chance Kitchen (BravoTV.com) **Spoilers**

And Nyesha received a little personal victory/revenge by first picking Heather (Ty's friend and pastry expert and Nyesha tormentor) and second by beating Ty, her other tormentor. I like that she gave half credit to Heather for the dish...showing class, Nyesha...can you hang on through three more challenges?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Nyesha's a class act and a very smart competitor. I won't be suprised if she wins the whole thing. Taking Heather has her sous chef on the challenge was brilliant. I also like how she didn't let Heather take over the dish.

This totally BLOWS!

Asking the fallen contestants who have lost who would win was mean.

1. Pass thru Kitchen to get what you want. OK

2. Switch ingrediants with other person and have to come up with a new meal. OK

3. Can't go back to supplement what you got and be judged not only on what you cook, but on what ingrediants the other chef took. NOT FAIR.

If Nyesha lost because she didn't do well I would be ok with it. If Beverly won because she concieved and created the best dish. Sure.

But this was not a fair challenge. Kudos to both chefs for doing well with the twists. But this was not a fair challenge and possibly the best chef in this competition is gone again.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I'm so pissed! Nyesha has been working her butt off like a true champion, and she gets nothing for it.

And Beverly is a total waste of the LCK as a device -- she's NOT going to win this season, nor should she. Now LCK means very little to the season, until next week at least.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm so pissed! Nyesha has been working her butt off like a true champion, and she gets nothing for it.

And Beverly is a total waste of the LCK as a device -- she's NOT going to win this season, nor should she. Now LCK means very little to the season, until next week at least.
    I totally disagree with this. Beverly has won challenges against some of the stronger (and still standing) chefs, and she appears to me to be a talented chef who can win. Her personality is less brash than some of the others, who mistakenly equated mild-mannered, non-bitchy, and unaggressive with incompetence. I would love to see her get back on the the island, make it to the finals, and out-chef them all for a win -- it would make for great tv if everyone who talked down to Bev out of a misplaced sense of superiority had to eat a little perfectly-seasoned crow.
    Florimel and Arielflies like this.

I so agree. I was cheering for Nyesha until Beverly appeared...confession time - I am a Beverly fan was upset that she lost on time management in the Quick Fire. Anyway, she now has a chance to prove her skill against some of the remaining six. Best of luck to her.
    Florimel and FireWoman like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was a Nyesha fan also and was on the fence about Bev until the last few shows. While Bev's not the best team player, she hasn't talked down to the others or thrown them under the bus like what's been done to her on several occassions. I think she just wants to make the best dish she canmake each and every time and did the same last night in LCK. I would have been happy with either one winning LCK and since Bev did, I hope she can make it back in the competition. Maybe not actually having to live with the other gave her a chance to "re-group" and find her voice.

well, I so want her to go up against Sarah, or that mean blonde one next and send them home! But, I don't think she can win Top Chef. I had high hopes for her after Bigfoot got sent home, but she just doesn't seem versatile enough. She isn't going to cook anything that isn't Asian
    NFL1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am a Nyesha fan. I wonder if she will get one more cook off with another eliminated chef who stayed for a long run, too. I know, I know, take the needle out of my arm. Rats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast