+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Top Chef 9: Last Chance Kitchen (BravoTV.com) **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 9: Last Chance Kitchen (BravoTV.com)

I like Andrew, but the coastal cook won the clam challenge as Tom was looking for the clam to be prominent. Good Luck next week, Keith. Maybe you'll have to cook against Lindsey and get a tad redemption.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef 9: Last Chance Kitchen (BravoTV.com)

I am glad Keith won. There is something very compelling about him. His elimination experience will help him tremendously. It also showed us that if he were to cater an affair he is all about getting a lot of food out the simplest way, thus the frozen shrimp.

Re: Top Chef 9: Last Chance Kitchen (BravoTV.com) **Spoilers**

Keith won again! He beat Richie (or rather Richie beat himself when he oversalted his cornbread puree). I'm glad Keith is still in it, Richie never did it for me. He always seemed insecure and leaned on his best friend too much for decisions and tasting.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Well Keith is out. His rib-eye steak was slightly uneven on both sides. Chuy used salt/pepper and it looked delicious. Makes me hungry for a medium rare tender steak. His sin, according to Tom, was not leaving enough tasty fat on the meat. When Tom made his choice, Keith took off the Top Chef jacket and put it on Chuy, which was funny since it engulfed him.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Whitney wins. I knew her burger would win when I saw the finished product. Chuy's was way too thick. I prefer a thinner burger, personally. I loved the idea of a fried egg on it too.

Interesting that all of the eliminated chefs view the cook off. Could this mean there will be a cook off between all of them at some point and two re-enter the competition? Seems, maybe so.

I like the last chance kitchen. So often the eliminations do not seem quite right, especially when teams are involved. Many are eliminated because of another's mistake. This was not the case with Whitney but it happens.

I can see the attraction of sticking a runny/fried or poached egg on top of something dry or uninteresting, like a burger or a salad. But it seems like...I don't know, a trick or something, more than an innovation. Is this a recent trend? I didn't notice it happening as much in the earlier seasons of TC. (I'm not a cook so I wouldn't know).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I can see the attraction of sticking a runny/fried or poached egg on top of something dry or uninteresting, like a burger or a salad. But it seems like...I don't know, a trick or something, more than an innovation. Is this a recent trend? I didn't notice it happening as much in the earlier seasons of TC. (I'm not a cook so I wouldn't know).
    Yes, a fried or poached egg on anything is a huge trend. Food is like fashion. One day it is in and the next day it is out. Or at least labled so 2011!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

My brother lived in Australia for a year and said almost all the hamburgers came with a fried egg on it. I could live with that maybe, it was the red beets that threw it out of wack for me.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey

I am very glad Nyesha won. I knew she had the minute I saw what she had made. I hope she can stick it out.

I wonder if the chefs who have already competed in this will also have a chance for a cook off making it two who will return. I like that they are there and taste the food. At some point there won't be enough for all of them to have a bite unless more time is given to prepare a larger dish.

Love this new feature!

And Nyesha beats Heather! Way to represent Nyesha! Yeah, she wanted to win to keep going, but the extra prize was taking out someone who she saw as a bully to other people in the kitchen!

I'm glad, Nyesha is my favorite and I was sorry to see her go last week. Hope she can keep it up. I think the chefs on the bench were rooting for her as well, this week at least.
    NFL1, Florimel and TripleGemini like this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast