+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just Desserts 2 - 8/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just Desserts 2 - 8/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Will there be another Morgan? Another Zac? (Or 5 Zacs)?

Another nutty guy who implodes and gets hauled away in restraints?

Please keep all sweet discussion in here until 11PM PT/2AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Just Desserts 2 - 8/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Villian guy is a bit annoying. And the one chick reminds me of Mercedes from Glee. Vocal patterns and attitude mostly.

Other than that, no real standouts for me yet.

Opps, one stand out! Craig needs to leave! Like now, right now. He is a waste of space.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

So glad Lina was gone; she seemed like the type to take credit for successes and shift blame for failure.

Right now, my favorites are Nelson, Katzie and Carlos. Would love to see Craig, Melissa and Orlando go early because the former seems to be extremely lacking in skill, while the latter two are already grating on my nerves, though maybe Melissa will be less annoying when she's not paired with people she doesn't like, but her passive-aggressive behavior just irks me.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Chris and Orlando have competed on Food Network Challenge. I don't really remember Orlando, but Chris is very talented and innovative. He has won several. It will be intresting (for me) to see how he performs without his highly creative/artistic assistant.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Didn't think it was possible for anyone to be so annoying that I'd want them gone in the first 20 minutes of the show, but both Orlando and Craig proved me wrong. Ugh!

If I had to pick favorites right now, it would be Nelson and Chris.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm just glad this show is back for another season. With my sweet tooth, I'd love to be a judge!!
    I could be wrong but Top Chef seems to hold to higher standards in reality shows, as in Hell's Kitchen vs. Top Chef (reg or Just Desserts)

FORT Fogey

I dont have any favorites yet. I am glad Lina is gone. I was right there with Melissa in their confrontations. Lina rubbed me the wrong way from the get go.

Already can't stand that Orlando guy, he's like a mix of Morgan and Zac from last season, meaning all nasty. The Matthew fella sounds like another Zac in the making too, and Craig shouldn't even be there, what a bad first impression. Everybody else left, I'm okay with, just hope Melissa stops with the passive-aggressive behavior, because I want to like her.

Lina definitely deserved to go. Seriously, Hansel & Gretel? They had the easiest one! I cannot believe she opted to not make the gingerbread house covered in candy, and her explanation that it's a witch's house so it should look ugly and creepy was really bad, she completely ignored the story. Melissa was absoluteky right, but she should've fought for it instead of complaining. Even their desserts made no sense. I would've made a dessert with ginger, and also perhaps a bread pudding with some variety of flavors in it, to represent the breadcrumbs that the children in the story tried to use to make a trail to find their way back. Really, the easiest story to work with and the blew it so bad.

I also saw a lot of showpiece stuff in the preview of the season. I hope that's not the case, because I much prefer cakes and plated desserts and the such, because I'm not really a fan of those big showpieces.

FORT Fogey

I am not a fan of show pieces either, Rembrant, but it looks like we are in for more. They are two different skills. I appreciate a good dessert but art made of of sugar, no.

What bothers me about the showpieces is that not all pastry chefs have the skills to make one. With actual desserts, everybody is on an even playing field, but with showpieces, those without experience in them will either be set up for failure or have to rely on being teamed up with someone else who knows how to make showpieces. It's just not fun to watch that.

+ Reply to Thread