+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/30 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 3/30 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Richards choice of fois gras ice cream appeared to be self sabotage when he announced this choice. Luckily for him it turned out well but the judges decision would have been easier had he planed and practiced a dessert that would have blown them away. He practiced with all the fish available in the Bahamas, why not a dessert?

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    You know, when Spike first went out I thought, how could they not notice him lurking behind them? There's this scruffy guy in a dirty plaid and a fedora clearly listening in. But it was almost like he was so incredibly obvious that for some reason, their minds couldn't process him there in that nice restaurant. I don't know, but it seemed like none of them noticed him listening in.
    Maybe the judges did notice him and knew exactly what he was doing and thought it was smart of Richard to send him out there to get feedback. Who knows? It's not like he was anywhere near invisable in that get up!

Ah...Elia, Elia...

an interview with Elia and then Tom.

The Stew: Top Chef Exit Interview: Elia blasts Tom Colicchio

it's quite long so I won't post it. Elia basically blasts Tom for not using organic products in his Las Vegas restaurant and that he has sold out for doing a commercial for Diet Coke since according to her Coke is poison. That he could have been a voice for his profession but instead has sold out and become money hungry and a fame whore.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Elia is humiliated. I get that, but to attack Tom was way off base. He wasn't the only judge who said her dish was off, even her teammate said it tasted bad before it was sent out.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Spike, and that stupid hat!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so happy for Richard!!!! Good job.

Spikes outfit was a little too way out there, but the chef jacket that Mike wore had that messy, I've wiped my hands on my jacket look, and if I was a patron and the chef stood in front of me with that messy jacket that would have really turned me off. He needed to put a clean jacket on to go out front IMO.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Good point!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What the heck happened to Harold, the season 1 winner of Top Chef, he must be almost a 100 pounds heavier than when he won his season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What the heck happened to Harold, the season 1 winner of Top Chef, he must be almost a 100 pounds heavier than when he won his season.
    He has diabetes and that may play a part. Or just an aging metabolism.

I would like to hear what everyone was thinking when preparing their one bite for the finalists to taste and choose their helpers. Carla made a salsa. To me, that smacks of trying to duck the pick. I suspect most of them didn't want the helper job and would have prefered to head out and play.

I was surprised that both wanted Jen to help them. She was such a sour puss on this show and I barely remember her on her season.

Who made the comment, "You don't want Jenn....she's so slow." I didn't think she was that prized, but I may have missed something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast