+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: All-Stars 3/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4 View Post
    I actually admired Mike for his desire to go up against the stronger competitor (Richard). That is pretty rare. Lots of times we see a strong competitor knocked out, or even see other contestants sort of gang up to get them out.

I am not really crazy about any of them, but I hope Mike wins. I don't find Richard's drama or his convoluted dishes very appealing. Mike has been turning out some good looking dishes towards the end here, and I hope he takes the title. Richard has seemed to think the whole season was about him alone. (NOT)
    I'm beginning to think the Mike has been practicing his technique. Puck said his was technically perfect (one bite), and I think an being innovative is what they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva View Post
    You know, at first, I did want Blais for the win, but in someways he's like Mike. Both have too big of ego's and i wanted Antonia or just someone other than those guys win. Sadly, I am leaning more towards Mike and I NEVER thought i would say that....NEVER
    Exact same feelings here. Richard is the cockiest contestant to ever grace this show--and that is saying something. I get tired of him slamming everyone for being too simple, not as awesome, not as creative, etc... When you are great you dont have to tell the world over and over and over again--they will just know.

Im kinda shocked the producers allowed this to happen (and edited this season in tis format) because neither contestant comes across as very appealing--Richard constantly brags and Mike borders on obnoxious (and he was never a favorite like Richard). From an editing perspective, theyve shown a million clips of Richard talking about how he should have won (and how hes the best, blah blah blah..basically talking crap about everyone but in a "nice" way) and clips of Mike being a loud douche and stealing recipes. Im not sure why their strategy wouldnt include putting in someone for us to actually root for..all I can predict is a Richard win based on what we have seen...

FORT Fogey

After Richard's season weren't there a lot of people saying that he should have won, he was the strongest, he blew it? I remember back then feeling bad for Stephanie becaus the talk was "Richard blew it" instead of "Stephanie won it". So to me, the producers have just edited Richard to be repeating what everyone else was saying about him. At least he has the most challenge wins to back up the talk. Mike has been talking from day 1of his first season about how great he is, but other than the challenges in the Bahammas has not really done much to back up the talk.

FORT Fogey

Richard has more anxiety than a chicken in a wolve's den. My goodness the guy is so stressed. Has anyone ever told him that he is good at what he does so relax and enjoy it. Fabio and he seem to have changed the most since their seasons. I hardly recognized either of them both physically and emotionally. I still want Richard to win because he is extremely talented, and yes he did let himself fail the last time, but the guy needs a serious chilldown.

Mike, if anyone would have said he would be anywhere near the finale, I would have laughed at them. I thought for sure Jaime and him were the easy tossoffs. I must say that he has come along with his cooking in this season, but I just cannot warm to the guy. I loved the episode with him cooking from the family photos, and wish he were more like that Mike more often. I am not a fan of insecure bullies like he and Dale.

So all in all hope Richard wins, but certainly these two, and Antonia as well, were not my picks for the end.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    After Richard's season weren't there a lot of people saying that he should have won, he was the strongest, he blew it? I remember back then feeling bad for Stephanie becaus the talk was "Richard blew it" instead of "Stephanie won it".
    As a former Richard fan I can say that a few folks did say this but it was mostly Richard. All season long Stephanie was badass and she totally deserved to win. I think she had more quickfire/main wins overall, too. They were neck and neck the whole way and it was anybody's game going into the finale. I do think the judges were leaning towards Richard before he presented his food because they found him to be such a unique chef--but at the end of the day he blew it! And the only reason he has racked up the most wins is because he has been on two seasons now--put the Volt brothers, Stephanie or other former WINNERS back on and see if that "record" holds. Its like calling the winner of a race after only one heat--the best runners havent had the same opportunity on the track but someone is winning.

Gah, he is so delusional I cant believe I was ever a fan.

I don't buy it. Richard has superior skills, but he's also human. I don't put him in the same rogue's gallery as the villains/jackasses of Top Chef (Tiffany in S1, Marcel, Ilan, Spike, Mike I, etc.). Sometimes he can't get out of his own head, and he shares what's on his mind. But he is not malicious. Maybe a little oblivious and neurotic once in a while, but I don't think he's delusional like Stefan. Now HE was delusional.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I don't buy it. Richard has superior skills, but he's also human. I don't put him in the same rogue's gallery as the villains/jackasses of Top Chef (Tiffany in S1, Marcel, Ilan, Spike, Mike I, etc.). Sometimes he can't get out of his own head, and he shares what's on his mind. But he is not malicious. Maybe a little oblivious and neurotic once in a while, but I don't think he's delusional like Stefan. Now HE was delusional.
    Richard is overly stressed cause his wife is pregnant and he's worried the show won't be done taping in time for him to be home for the baby's birth. Add that to his stress over wanting Top Chef win and the $200,000, yah, can't blame the guy for being stressed to the max. Hope he wins it all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Richard is overly stressed cause his wife is pregnant and he's worried the show won't be done taping in time for him to be home for the baby's birth. Add that to his stress over wanting Top Chef win and the $200,000, yah, can't blame the guy for being stressed to the max. Hope he wins it all.
    Totally agree. I'm a Mike fan, but I think Richard is a successful innovator. For me, that sets him apart from all others.

I'd really like to see him take the title.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    I believe they also said that Richard and his wife had both lost members of their family within the last year. You combine that with his concern that he'll possibly miss the birth of his own child for the sake of the show, and it's quite possible that he's stressing out more than he usually would, and it's causing the less appealing portions of his personality to rush to the forefront. I don't like his attitude or some of his comments (and someone really needs to take the styling products away from him--he's starting to look like an over-geled porcupine), but there may be a logical explanation for his apparent personality change. It could just be a reaction to a whole lot of emotional events descending on him at once.

I remember when they taped the reunion show for his season, he had to talk from home via satellite because his wife was about to go into labor with their first child. This guy has the unluckiest timing when it comes to Top Chef and childbirth!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast