+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It was a pretty nice episode, and probably the most successful challenge in the show's history if they really couldn't choose a cheftestant to be eliminated. It was nice seeing their loved ones too, Carla's husband is funny and seems like he was just made for her, and the moms were so nice. Richard's wife kind of spooked me, though, you can tell it's true when Richard said how she's more competitive than him just by looking at her expressions overall.

I personally am bummed in that I predict a Richard win. Maybe it's just me imagining things, but everything I've seen so far leads me to believe that, because Richard just keeps mentioning he has to win, how much it means for him to win, and the more egocentric ones like "everyone remembers season 4 because of him not winning" and "if I don't win then this season isn't successful". We've heard the winning thing from him so much that I won't be surprised if he takes it. If not him, then I believe Antonia and Carla seem to be in the running.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Boo!" on Richard, the petulant child! I never used to believe that Carla had what it took, but she has come around to being the person that I believe in the most! I am still impressed that she was walking the catwalks in Europe, and came out of that field to indulge her passion....cooking. And she met her hubby on Match.com??? What a brave woman Good for her! They seem well "matched"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    "Boo!" on Richard, the petulant child! I never used to believe that Carla had what it took, but she has come around to being the person that I believe in the most! I am still impressed that she was walking the catwalks in Europe, and came out of that field to indulge her passion....cooking. And she met her hubby on Match.com??? What a brave woman Good for her! They seem well "matched"!
    I think the other chefs underestimate Carla. She's the underdog that just might pull out the win. Love that she met her man on match.com! Cute story.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    It was a pretty nice episode, and probably the most successful challenge in the show's history if they really couldn't choose a cheftestant to be eliminated. It was nice seeing their loved ones too, Carla's husband is funny and seems like he was just made for her, and the moms were so nice. Richard's wife kind of spooked me, though, you can tell it's true when Richard said how she's more competitive than him just by looking at her expressions overall.

I personally am bummed in that I predict a Richard win. Maybe it's just me imagining things, but everything I've seen so far leads me to believe that, because Richard just keeps mentioning he has to win, how much it means for him to win, and the more egocentric ones like "everyone remembers season 4 because of him not winning" and "if I don't win then this season isn't successful". We've heard the winning thing from him so much that I won't be surprised if he takes it. If not him, then I believe Antonia and Carla seem to be in the running.
    Of those that remain, Richard AND Carla seem to talk about winning the most. Carla has talked alot about a women winning Top Chef All Stars. I can't help but wonder if this means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Richard just keeps mentioning he has to win, how much it means for him to win, and the more egocentric ones like "everyone remembers season 4 because of him not winning" and "if I don't win then this season isn't successful". We've heard the winning thing from him so much that I won't be surprised if he takes it. If not him, then I believe Antonia and Carla seem to be in the running
    At this point in the contest, I think all of them are equally talented. None seem to be less than the others. When they don't win, it's more because of something other than their skills, like stress, unfamiliar to a style, bad timing or an unfortunate accident.
    So I'm really ok for any of them to win. Some are more likable but all are excellent.

FORT Fogey

Since there are 5 I expect to see two eliminated in the first challenge in the finals this week. I think we have seen this before but I can't remember which season.

And yeah, Richard's attitude is not great this year.

FORT Fogey

I think that editing has gotten the best of us. With this season in comparison to most of their first seasons they were on it feels like a lot of them are totally different people. Carla seems to be the most easy to read, and she genuinely seems like a great person. She is always smiling and positive.

I think when the editors know the outcome of a show before they edit the footage, they make characters, and the real people are lost. So I think Richard, Fabio, Marcel, Dale, etc all are hard to figure. Richard and Fabio especially for me this season seemed like totally different people.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I think that editing has gotten the best of us. With this season in comparison to most of their first seasons they were on it feels like a lot of them are totally different people. Carla seems to be the most easy to read, and she genuinely seems like a great person. She is always smiling and positive.

I think when the editors know the outcome of a show before they edit the footage, they make characters, and the real people are lost. So I think Richard, Fabio, Marcel, Dale, etc all are hard to figure. Richard and Fabio especially for me this season seemed like totally different people.
    I agree. We are seeing the winner, clandestine or overt, we have to look.

FORT Fogey

I read where Mike said the second time around was much more fun and he took an attitude of "just have fun with it, and see where it goes". I think we are seeing much more accurate depictions of people this go around, i.e. as opposed to deer in the headlights during their original seasons.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Practice makes perfect! I've always looked at all first-time failures as practice runs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast