+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hibernating

Re: All-Stars 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Finally! Someone else on the planet who likes Mike besides me. I adore him and think he's great!

He's nothing but a softie with a rough exterior. I find him endearig.
    I feel the same way! I find him endearing for whatever reason. I thought it was so touching that he really seemed to love that he and Antonia were cousins. He seemed to just eat that up. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Nope...he's my favorite too and I'm not sure why. I know I loved him during his season and I still like him, but he is a little more aloof this season than I remember.
    Oh yay! Good to see I'm not alone! Padma almost gave me a heart attack last night!

I would agree with him being more aloof this season. It seems like he might have gotten back into his groove this week, but I agree with Tilden that his personal issues may be holding him back. But he is still my numero uno.

Great show last night. It was fun to see the cheftestants with their families. Great story on how Carla met her husband. Richard was so cute with his wife, couldn't keep his hands off of her. Richard is my favorite too! I agree with the reasons about his being up tight but also, he now has one child and another on the way, so "growing up" and having more responsibility could have made the change in him also. Cute that Antonia and Mike are related, how random is that! I was on pins and needles on anyone getting sent home last night. There were no negative comments during the meal about any of the dishes and I can't remember whose mom said it, but I agree, they couldn't sent anyone home last night.......and they didn't!! Yeah and congrats to the final five.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by krazeeky07 View Post
    me either! I'd have replaced mike with tre and tiffany with dale (sent home last week)..and there would've been my final five honestly!

Carla ftw! Hootiee whoooo!
    ditto both

Regarding the elimination challenge-I had no clue how they were going to create a dish from what can be found on the ferry boat. I've been on that ferry a hundred times easily and that's certainly a ride that doesn't have a broad menu. There are a few chip choices, giant pretzels, a couple of pre made cold cut sandwiches, a few pieces of fruit, nachos, hot dogs, bagels, pastries and candy I think. That's about it. Reminded me of the vending machine challenge from an earlier season. Also there is very little room to "cook" back there. Thank goodness there were only 5 of them.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Kinda was hoping Mike or Richard would be going home still if the finale is a two parter I can see two going home next episode, at the beginning of the show and at the end for a final 3 for the following wee.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Carla's husband is adorable! What a nifty couple!

Did anyone else get the feeling that if they did make a choice to eliminate someone it would have been Carla? The only negative comment I heard was from Tom and it was minor but he didn't like the way she treated the vegetables in her dish.

Tom said, early on, that we would be surprised to see someone in the finals. For me that means Mike or Tiffany. As long as Carla is there I am fine with whoever he is up against. We have to know Richard will be there.

I believe there was something mentioned about salt in Mike's dish. That could have been something I saw on the extra Bravo clips or read in the blogs though. They also mentioned that Tiffany had a lot going on, which they have said a million times before but as long as it works they can't really penalize you for it. Carla's vegetable thing must have been very minor because they really couldn't hold it against her but yes, I also felt like she would have been the one to go if they had to make that call.

Tom's blog stated that they had to really push to keep them all, so a final 5 was not planned. Glad they were able to allow them all to cook another dish.

Thinking back to that dinner, it was hilarious when Tom said that Richard's dish was "all right". Richard's wife shot him a death glare that made me understand why Richard's hair stands up the way that it does. Then Tom clarified his statement and all was right at the dinner table again. Those judges just love to drive the Blaise family crazy don't they? Wasn't enough that Padma almost gave Richard a heart attack at the judge's table.

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I believe there was something mentioned about salt in Mike's dish. That could have been something I saw on the extra Bravo clips or read in the blogs though. They also mentioned that Tiffany had a lot going on, which they have said a million times before but as long as it works they can't really penalize you for it. Carla's vegetable thing must have been very minor because they really couldn't hold it against her but yes, I also felt like she would have been the one to go if they had to make that call.

Tom's blog stated that they had to really push to keep them all, so a final 5 was not planned. Glad they were able to allow them all to cook another dish.

Thinking back to that dinner, it was hilarious when Tom said that Richard's dish was "all right". Richard's wife shot him a death glare that made me understand why Richard's hair stands up the way that it does. Then Tom clarified his statement and all was right at the dinner table again. Those judges just love to drive the Blaise family crazy don't they? Wasn't enough that Padma almost gave Richard a heart attack at the judge's table.
    The salt was Antonias dish. Gail or Tom said the meat was a just a touch salty if eaten without the risotto.

Thanks! Antonia's dish still won, so I guess they all must have had very minor flaws. Seems they just focused on the positive this episode because the dishes were pretty much equal. It's nice to have a feel good episode every so often.

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast