+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    At this point I really like Dale, Carla, and Antonia. Any of them winning would be good by me!

ETA: I should have just quoted Texasgal in her post, above. She outlined many reasons why I too really like Dale!
    Thanks for this, sweetpea and the others who answered my question.
    I honestly wanted to know and I'm not here just to debate people about who is nice and who isn't. I just enjoy watching humans interact.
    I must admit that he does deserve credit for taking control of his anger and he did walk away from Marcel. ( I doubt I would have!)
    I don't think it was the anger that I didn't like. I thought he would make snide and negative remarks about others when they'd win, etc. I could be wrong because my memory is not as good as it used to be. I'll try to look at him with new eyes from now on. He is very young still.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26 View Post
    I disagree with whoever said he has to put an Asian spin on everything.
    I couldn't say for sure whether he gives his dishes an Asian spin or not but that wouldn't bother me. Lots of the chefs tend to play on their strong points. Some specialize in fish or there's Fabio who always tosses in an Italian twist. Although Jamie did overdo the scallop and soup deal.

I despise Dale. Sure, he's not punching lockers and screaming curse words at the top of his lungs. But he's still a smug and condescending. He's got this scowly face a lot of the time, mainly when others win, and talks more garbage behind everyone's backs than anyone except maybe Isabella.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Thanks for this, sweetpea and the others who answered my question.
    I honestly wanted to know and I'm not here just to debate people about who is nice and who isn't. I just enjoy watching humans interact.
    I must admit that he does deserve credit for taking control of his anger and he did walk away from Marcel. ( I doubt I would have!)
    I don't think it was the anger that I didn't like. I thought he would make snide and negative remarks about others when they'd win, etc. I could be wrong because my memory is not as good as it used to be. I'll try to look at him with new eyes from now on. He is very young still.

I couldn't say for sure whether he gives his dishes an Asian spin or not but that wouldn't bother me. Lots of the chefs tend to play on their strong points. Some specialize in fish or there's Fabio who always tosses in an Italian twist. Although Jamie did overdo the scallop and soup deal.
    I like Dale because I tend to like people who are good on the inside but a little rough around the edges. Dale didn't come off as a mean guy just an angry guy. I also really like people who can learn from their mistakes, as Tiffany F and Dale both did.

I completely agree with you about giving the food your own spin. I think that's what the judges want - they want the chefs to go out of their comfort zone but to still have a culinary identity, so to speak.

And yes, the difference with Jaime is that she could only cook two foods - soup and scallops!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678