+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4192164;
    That's true, golden boy just knows he's the one who should be the winner.

Ooh! He's gone Super Saiyan!
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4192164;
    That's true, golden boy just knows he's the one who should be the winner.

Hysterical!

I used to be a fan of Richard but I think he has developed a bit of a 'tude...hubris is so no flattering! It's interesting that the two people who toot their own horns the least (Antonia and Carla) have been doing the best throughout the season! I was not a fan of Antonia in her season but she has really grown on me and Id be happy to see her or Carla take the prize.
    I'm a fan of Richard's. Always have been. I don't think he has an attitude though. I interpret his words/actions as nerves. Even the judges said it to Jimmy Fallon....Richard is always nervious...even when he is on the top.

I do think he has a tendency to over think things. He and Tiffani F. remind me of each other that way. They know they shouldn't do certain things but they go for it anyway. It bit Tiffani in the rear, and it hasn't helped Richard much.

I don't think any of the chefs have a "I'm better than you" attitude in a major way. WHat I do see, however, is a major boys club which bothers me to no end.

I'm rooting for Antonia (who I have developed a girl crush on) and Carla.

FORT Fogey

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who still likes Richard! I liked him in his season, and I like him now. He's the chef left whose food I'd most like to eat. I think he's put a huge amount of pressure on himself to win, but don't think he expects to win. Maybe in his original season he expected to win. But I think he knows he really blew it, and he's really trying hard not to do the same thing this time around. Its like he feels the pressure of the second chance more than many of them.

I still think Richard is great too. I need the final 3 to be Richard, Carla, and the third person doesn't matter so much at this point.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

I love Angelo but it seems that he has faded into the background somewhere. He has a very quiet personality &
    They never show him. I have noticed that anyone who has won an elimination challenge, except Tiffany F., has
    Not been eliminated. I think the reason that Dale was not eliminated last week is because he has won two challenges. Mike and Tiffany D have not an EC, so they could go next. I think that Tiffany should have gone after her hard to watch when she was the Maitre'd episode. I think this week they are making cupcakes so the best baker will win. Love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;4191085;
    I'll definitely admit I'm completely biased when it comes to Fabio because not only is he my most favorite contestant ever and he's the one whose food I'd most like to try, but I think it was ridiculous he was sent home this week.
    You and me both. I loved almost everything about him,
    except his food when it was not Italian. I think Tiffany should have been eliminated for the reason you stated here. I looked hard and didn't see even one tiny dumpling, which is the very main reason to eat chicken and dumplings. Whenever anyone looks at a plate of chicken and dumplings, they're looking for those glorious bits of dough called dumplings. (even the name is adorable.)
    As far as I'm concerned she didn't make her required dish. She made chicken with a couple of lousy inadequate noodles.

FORT Fanatic

Honestly, I don't think I want to watch the rest of the season with Fabio. This guy needs his own show on FoodTV. He is so full of charisma that any one that comes in contact with him walks away with a smile. Oh, he can come over and show me his pasta anytime.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady;4193599;
    You and me both. I loved almost everything about him,
    except his food when it was not Italian. I think Tiffany should have been eliminated for the reason you stated here. I looked hard and didn't see even one tiny dumpling, which is the very main reason to eat chicken and dumplings. Whenever anyone looks at a plate of chicken and dumplings, they're looking for those glorious bits of dough called dumplings. (even the name is adorable.)
    As far as I'm concerned she didn't make her required dish. She made chicken with a couple of lousy inadequate noodles.
    I think if she was going to take her own approach she needed to at least consider what makes people love chicken and dumplings, and make sure she still created that satisfaction. I'm sure Carla's chicken pot pie wasn't exactly the way Jimmy Fallon always has it, but it was satisfying in the same way, and the differences improved upon the original dish, or at least didn't detract from it.

I think Tiffany should have gone home based on this. Her concept was bad - Dale's dish would have been great with less salt, Fabio's dry burger could be redone and been less dry, but a failed concept is unsalvageable.

Did anyone else find it odd that some people got specific dishes (Chicken pot pie, Philly Cheesesteak) and others got ingredients (beef tongue, ramen noodles)? I don't think either group had an advantage, it's just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4195152;
    I think if she was going to take her own approach she needed to at least consider what makes people love chicken and dumplings, and make sure she still created that satisfaction. I'm sure Carla's chicken pot pie wasn't exactly the way Jimmy Fallon always has it, but it was satisfying in the same way, and the differences improved upon the original dish, or at least didn't detract from it.
    Exactly and very well said. It didn't have to be an exact replica of the dish but you shouldn't eliminate one of the best parts of it so that it didn't even live up to its name after she was done.

Did anyone else find it odd that some people got specific dishes (Chicken pot pie, Philly Cheesesteak) and others got ingredients (beef tongue, ramen noodles)? I don't think either group had an advantage, it's just odd
    I didn't even notice that! That is odd.

Did anyone else find it odd that some people got specific dishes (Chicken pot pie, Philly Cheesesteak) and others got ingredients (beef tongue, ramen noodles)? I don't think either group had an advantage, it's just odd.
    Not really, because if you remember on the Jimmy Fallon show they had to take a camera phone picture of a screen that was rapidly switching between various images. I guess they did that for entertainment purposes? Maybe those images were of Jimmy's favorite foods?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast