+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just watched the extended judges' table video. Poor Jimmy Fallon felt so bad about Fabio. He said, "I can't get rid of Fabio - he's so funny!" Gale: "Unfortunately, Jimmy, it's not Top Funny."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4187575;
    This is painful. Every elimination is going to be heartbreaking from here on out.
    Yep. The show is in high gear from this point forward.

I love fondue.

I love Jimmy Fallon.

I love how Carla is kicking major you-know-what

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4187674;
    Just watched the extended judges' table video. Poor Jimmy Fallon felt so bad about Fabio. He said, "I can't get rid of Fabio - he's so funny!" Gale: "Unfortunately, Jimmy, it's not Top Funny."
    Heck, Jimmy was the guest judge. He should have been allowed to vote for whomever he wanted. If the others over-ruled him, too bad. But he shouldn't feel bad for voting however he wanted. Certainly, I've scratched my head over how the regular judges have voted sometimes. In fact, I did so tonight--over-salting anything is always a huge deal, but somehow it's not when it's Dale? But then again, I don't particularly care about hamburgers, so if Fabio wanted to do something that was more like a meatball or meatloaf, I'd be fine with that. I might even prefer it.

Why do I see a possible boor-ger segment with Fabio on an upcoming Jimmy Fallon show?

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4187674;
    But it sort of was Top Funny this week...that "Beef Tongue" song had me rolling!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4187708;
    But it sort of was Top Funny this week...that "Beef Tongue" song had me rolling!
    That and Carla's ascent into chicken pot pie ecstasy. Really, Swanson's should hire her as a spokesperson. And I bet she'll be a hoot and a half (or a hootie-hoo and a half) on Jimmy Fallon.

Why do people seem to underestimate Carla? Is it the comfort food thing? Or because she's a caterer? She has the strongest record this season, having been in the bottom only one time (for those summer rolls, in a challenge when others screwed up much worse).

I have to say, Dale's dish looked SO delicious! Even when they said it was loaded with salt because of the bread, I was thinking, ehhhh, I'd wipe the top of the bread and eat it anyway!

FORT Fogey

I underestimate Carla because I think she can underestimate herself often. She doesn't appear to have a lot of versatility or doesn't think she does. Anytime there is a challenge where she can't work comfort food into the mix, she tends to panic and declae that's not the food she does. To me, the great chefs on the show have a style, but are still skilled enough that if they have to go outside of that comfort zone, they're comfortable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4187916;
    I underestimate Carla because I think she can underestimate herself often. She doesn't appear to have a lot of versatility or doesn't think she does. Anytime there is a challenge where she can't work comfort food into the mix, she tends to panic and declae that's not the food she does. To me, the great chefs on the show have a style, but are still skilled enough that if they have to go outside of that comfort zone, they're comfortable.
    I understand what you mean, but I always take that attitude as having to do with Carla being more humble as opposed to being more insecure. Since she doesn't have the big ego some of the chefs have, she's more prone to doubting herself. I don't think it's that she's lacking in self-confidence so much as it is that some of the other chefs have an over-abundance of it.

Carla is such a pleasure to watch - she seems to be enjoying every moment of her experience. What a contrast to sourpuss Richard who believes everything he does is perfect and that others just don't get it, and that he should be the winner of the grand prize.

On another note - I swear I heard Dale say that he wasn't using the traditional cheez whiz in his Philly Cheesesteak. In Philly, Cheesesteak is NOT made with Cheez Whiz, it's made with provolone. And if they were going to complain about Tiffany reinventing dumplings, and Fabio reinventing hamburgers, why did they accept the pretzel bread as a choice (aside from the rock salt issue) when cheesesteaks come on italian rolls ( more specifically - Amorosa Rolls).

AW! I am going to miss Fabio! He was so sweet and funny. I loved how he pronounced hamburger=booger
    I am happy Carla won again. I think she's great and am rooting for her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast