+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Glad to see some love for Fabio tonight, because he did a really good job. Love him or hate him, he knows how to run the front of the house and he made an impressive dessert--two things most cheftestants hate doing. In fact, because of that, I would have given him the $10,000. Not that I'm upset that Richard got it, but I just thought it would have been nice to acknowledge that Fabio took on the two generally least favorite tasks and did them both well.

Oh, and from the minute the menus were discussed, I knew I'd much prefer eating at Bodega. Guess the real diners felt the same way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4154900;
    So far I am really liking this season!
    It's been great so far. Found a summary of the winners thus far on Bravo:

Dale T has the best record so far with 1 QF and 2 EC. Carla and Angelo follow - each with 2 EC wins. Richard now has 1 EC win.

Tre and Mike I are the only other remaining contestants with 1 QF win each.

I'm not really sure that winning is an accurate reflection of a chef's skill (e.g. Jen left early and others stayed longer than they should have). And, people like Antonia and Marcel have been in the top more than the bottom yet they can't crack a win.

Still, I think the winners list is a pretty reasonable reflection of what might become. With Dale, Angelo and Carla have demonstrated not only skill but consistency.

The Hammer strikes again!

I was glad to see Marcel go, I'm sure he's a talented chef but he needs to grow up. I love restraunt wars, Fabio rocked it as front of house for his team!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Lopsided? OMG! It was like a school-yard kick ball contest when all the 'cool kids' are on the same team! Team Dale looked like Olympic contenders by comparison. Loved that they were able to work together calmly and quietly (with the exception of Dale's blowup with the waitstaff). Shows a level of trust in each other that the other team did not have.

Had to giggle when Blais tried to hide as Marcel was choosing his first team mate.

So glad Marcel is gone.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4155135;
    Lopsided? OMG! It was like a school-yard kick ball contest when all the 'cool kids' are on the same team! Team Dale looked like Olympic contenders by comparison. Loved that they were able to work together calmly and quietly (with the exception of Dale's blowup with the waitstaff). Shows a level of trust in each other that the other team did not have.

Had to giggle when Blais tried to hide as Marcel was choosing his first team mate.

So glad Marcel is gone.
    And who's fault was it that the teams were so lopsided? Marcel's. He had first pick, but he avoided picking people with whom he'd had problems in the past--and when you're Marcel, that's a lot of people. Smartest thing Dale did was to make Marcel the other team captain, not only because it made sure he wouldn't get stuck working with him but also because he wasn't likely to pick some of the people Dale wanted. Speaking of which, did anyone else find it puzzling that Karla was picked last and that Dale basically got her by default? She's won a couple of competitions, and she's definitely not unpleasant to work with, so what was the problem? I was kind of surprised that Fabio wasn't picked earlier either, simply because he is really good at front of the house and in restaurant wars that's important.

I have to admit, I felt sorry for Marcel getting rookie-do'd in his season by losing to Ilan, who I felt along with several others should've been ejected for the game over the stunt they did on Marcel. Whether or not he was a jerk, no one deserved that (and yes, I blame the producers for not ejecting all involved in that save Marcel).

That said, I think at times from reading the blogs (I don't have Bravo now), I'm not sad to see Marcel go. I think he plays this issue because he has issues on many levels. I think he's still bitter about that loss, does the antics for the show, but the combo gave him a personality that spelled again his demise.

If he focused on the food and not the drama? - yeah, I think he'd been a contender this season.

All that said, I am glad that at least Tre - no matter how he cooked - was not eliminated on the same task as he was last go. Given his yo-yo season so far, I was worried there.

i was most worried for Tiffany this episode. Yes, she is good at chatting up pepople, but as we've seen in the past yes she has a big ol' laugh, and it seemed to offend the judges. Probably more than it offended the patrons, which is likely what saved her. Most average people don't mind a pleasant conversation when their presence is welcomed, even if it comes with a big ol' laugh attached. Next, I was worried about Antonia. So happy that Marcel went home. Not only do I dislike his attitude, in the end it was his antics that slowed down the progress in the kitchen. It's not that he had a weak team, it's that he made his team look weak. He had some good chefs to work with, but the chaos diminished them.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4154962;
    It's been great so far. Found a summary of the winners thus far on Bravo:

Dale T has the best record so far with 1 QF and 2 EC. Carla and Angelo follow - each with 2 EC wins. Richard now has 1 EC win.
    Richard has won two ECs (the 2nd was the parfait, along with Angelo and Marcel).

Here are the stats from wikipedia:

Angelo: 2 EC wins, in the top 3 other times, 1 bottom
    Antonia: 1 team QF win, in top twice and bottom 4X (though twice in the bottom she had a really strong dish)
    Carla: 2 EC wins, in top 1 other time, bottom once
    Dale T: 2 QF wins (one a team win), 2 EC wins, in top 2 other times (never in bottom)
    Fabio: in top 4 times, bottom 3 times
    Mike: 1 QF win, in top once, bottom once
    Richard: 2 team QF wins, 2 EC wins, in top 2 other times, bottom once
    Tiffany: in top twice, bottom 3x
    Tre: 2 QF wins (one team win), in top 3x and bottom 3x

I too thought it was odd Carla was picked last, but at this point I think they're all strong contenders. Dale very well may have picked Carla over Tiffany. It seems like aside from Marcel, there's some serious male bonding going on this season.

Congrats to Dale and Blaise for their wins. Fantastic strategy by Dale setting Marcel up as the other team captain. Marcel torpedoed himself, as he always does.

Dude needs to step away from the foam just as Jaime needed to step away from the scallops.

What a landslide win for Bodega, and well earned.

I was worried for Tiffany and Angelo, so it was quite the relief when they were safe. I'm still okay with any of my top 4 winning-Angelo, Fabio, Carla and Tiffany.

It was nice to see the judges giving Fabio props for a well run front of house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast