+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 3 (premieres Apr 6) - News & Speculation (Possible Spoilers)

Top Chef Masters 3 (premieres Apr 6) - News & Speculation (Possible Spoilers)

Buried at the bottom of a Bravo press release today:
    Bravo confirmed new season orders for "The Rachel Zoe Project" season four, "Flipping Out" season five and "Work of Art: The Next Great Artist" season two. Season five of "The Millionaire Matchmaker" has been greenlit after concluding the most successful season on Tuesday (1/11). After getting married last year, the newly titled series, "Bethenny Ever After" is back for a second season premiering Monday, February 28 at 10 pm. As previously announced last week, Kathy Griffin will be back with four all new stand-up comedy specials that will air quarterly in 2011 and Donny Deutsch will dispense his love advice to viewers during an interactive live special, "Love Calling" (working title) on Thursday, January 27 at 11pm. Additionally, the network announced casting will begin on the ninth season of "Top Chef" and "Top Chef Masters" will return for a third season later this year with Curtis Stone as host.

Breaking News - Bravo Expands Programming Slate With New and Returning Original Series in 2011 | TheFutonCritic.com
    So Kelly Choi is out...I thought she did an okay job. I'm trying to remember Curtis Stone from Apprentice, I don't watch every season anymore...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters Season 3 - News & Speculation (Possible Spoilers)

Oh, him!

Well then...

*ahem*

...fine with me!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

Oh s--t, that guy was universally hated by everybody on the Celebrity Apprentice as a self centered @sshole. Bring back Kelly, she was OK. A bit bland, but definitely preferable to this jerk.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Don't remember this Curtis Stone chap at all. And I seriously question his jean stain.

MF, you made me
    I will be watching.
    I'm sure the cooking will be nice to see too. LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage;4148412;
    Oh s--t, that guy was universally hated by everybody on the Celebrity Apprentice as a self centered @sshole. Bring back Kelly, she was OK. A bit bland, but definitely preferable to this jerk.
    Only Sharon Osbourne and the wrestling girl had issues with Curtis and for no reason at all. He was quiet and polite and hence an easy target for the likes of these two.

In the end, both women changed their tunes about him - esp. Sharon.

Still, I'm not sure about him as host of TC Masters though. I liked Kelly. She didn't dominate the screen which I thought was appropriate for the "Masters".

Plus, I'm not convinced Curtis Stone is an exemplary chef. He's gotten very far in life but I think alot has to do with his good looks and business saavy (I'll have to read up on his bio). I suppose he's more qualified than Padma, though!
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-18-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4153230;
    Only Sharon Osbourne and the wrestling girl had issues with Curtis and for no reason at all. He was quiet and polite and hence an easy target for the likes of these two.

In the end, both women changed their tunes about him - esp. Sharon.

Still, I'm not sure about him as host of TC Masters though. I liked Kelly. She didn't dominate the screen which I thought was appropriate for the "Masters".

Plus, I'm not convinced Curtis Stone is an exemplary chef. He's gotten very far in life but I think alot has to do with his good looks and business saavy (I'll have to read up on his bio). I suppose he's more qualified than Padma, though!
    Padma gets a raw deal! When she makes off-the-cuff comments about the food, even as they're tasting it, she is thoughtful, and uses cooking terminology. Anyone who can say "they should have rendered the fat" after one bite instantly knows 10x more than I do. (Then again I know nothing)

Also, Kelly didn't hand out stars during the scoring, so I don't think the host has to double as a judge on Masters the way Padma and Gail do on their versions.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Filming has begun, and details are starting to leak: Christina Hendricks from Mad Men is a guest in one challenge with a 60's theme:
    'Top Chef Masters': Christina Hendricks to join for a 'Mad Men'-themed episode -- EXCLUSIVE

by Tanner Stransky
    Mar 1 2011 02:34 PM ET

Joan Holloway is about to get yet another close-up, but this time it’s on… Bravo? EW has learned exclusively that sultry Mad Men star Christina Hendricks and her actor husband Geoffrey Arend — who will be starring alongside Dana Delaney in ABC’s medical drama Body of Proof when it premieres March 29 — recently taped the second episode of Top Chef Masters‘ upcoming third season. (The couple are pictured together at left.)

The challenge Hendricks and Arend are involved with will be appropriately ’60s themed, harkening to Hendrick’s role on AMC’s period drama. Dishes from the ’60s will no doubt provide lots of ways for the reality competition series’ producers to have fun with the yet-to-be-announced celebrity chef contestants — the names of dishes from that era alone are a blast. (“We’ve got oysters Rockefeller, beef Wellington, [a] Napoleon,” Roger Sterling (John Slattery) once said on an episode of Mad Men, trying to persuade a lady-friend to stay for a meal. “If we leave this lunch alone, it’ll take over Europe.”)

For this third season of Masters, Bravo has announced that former host Kelly Choi will be replaced with Australian celebrity chef and Celebrity Apprentice contestant Curtis Stone. The network has yet to announce the show’s premiere date or celebrity contestants.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Isn't Curtis Stone the guy who used to go up to people in the grocery store and go home with them to help them cook a meal? If that is him, then he is awesome! I remember a blond Australian chef doing that show and I loved him and the show. He is a great guy (if this is indeed him).

I like Masters so much better than any of the other Top Chefs. Can't wait for this to start.

And about Padma....I like her and never get all the comments about how inexperienced she is. She's a foodie and a very good one, being a foodie isn't just about eating the food. It is also about knowing how to make it and what goes into making a great dish. I think she's qualified. Doesn't have a great personality on camera but she is definitely qualified.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

TVLine is reporting that TCM will return on April 6 and now TCM will have the traditional Elimination Challenge format of the regular show, not the points system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast